What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Todd Carney sacked

Canard

Immortal
Cronulla had no choice.

If you worked as an accountant, lawyer etc this is instant dismissal. Same here, bringing club, game, nrl into disrepute.

What a dumb, stupid, .........

See, I don't think it would be. Especially for a lawyer.

Individual contracts, vary but that would be difficult to enforce.

BunniesMan

Immortal

:lol:

Any employer that knows what he/she is doing has a solid clause to get themselves rid of you in situations like this.

bileduct

Coach

BunniesMan

Immortal
The Cronulla Shark Football Club has today after careful consideration and lengthy deliberation, including discussions with senior NRL management, made a decision to terminate Todd Carney's NRL playing contract effective immediately.

At the Sharks we are committed to building a successful club, a club with strong values and a club which sets and respects high standards in all aspects of its operations and activities.

When Todd was first signed to the Sharks he was made well aware of his responsibilities both on and off the field, to himself, the club and to the game in general, however the photograph that appeared last night on social media does not meet the values and standards the club is looking to uphold and take into the future.

As with any difficult decision, whilst you can't change the past, it is important to put measures in place that can deliver positive outcomes both in the present and into the future.

The club and the NRL will be committed to working with Todd, his family and his management in implementing appropriate counseling and support, with the start of this process to begin tonight.

http://leagueunlimited.com/news/todd-carney-sacked-by-cronulla/

Parra

Referee
The club and the NRL will be committed to working with Todd, his family and his management in implementing appropriate counseling and support, with the start of this process to begin tonight.

By telling him to f**k off. And announcing it to the press.

Carney deserves to go. But so do these spin doctors. Carney has been hung out to dry. That's it.

seanoff

Juniors

Unless you are a senior partner it would either be fired or really heavily advised to leave. Even junior partners would face signifcant pressure.

As a former BIG4 employee i can tell you that would be career ending at whatever firm you worked for.

Meapro Ham

Juniors

bileduct

Coach
:lol: Yeah good link dude. Did you read the headline? It says "Todd Carney sacked"

Yes there is some fine print where Noyce says its not been officially decided yet but that's hardly the main take out of the article. I think you can safely assume its a done deal.
Did you read the part where it says Todd Carney has "reportedly" been sacked and where the actual CEO of the club says otherwise?

Jellybean

Juniors
he Cronulla Shark Football Club has today after careful consideration and lengthy deliberation, including discussions with senior NRL management, made a decision to terminate Todd Carney's NRL playing contract effective immediately.

At the Sharks we are committed to building a successful club, a club with strong values and a club which sets and respects high standards in all aspects of its operations and activities.

When Todd was first signed to the Sharks he was made well aware of his responsibilities both on and off the field, to himself, the club and to the game in general, however the photograph that appeared last night on social media does not meet the values and standards the club is looking to uphold and take into the future.

As with any difficult decision, whilst you can't change the past, it is important to put measures in place that can deliver positive outcomes both in the present and into the future.

The club and the NRL will be committed to working with Todd, his family and his management in implementing appropriate counseling and support, with the start of this process to begin tonigh

ram raid

Bench
For some reason I kinda feel sorry for him. He either has some serious inner daemons or an IQ of 75.

Latest posts