What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Todd Carney

aussies1st

Staff member
I wish we had a good enough side to guide Carney through. If he manages to come through over the next few years he will have developed into a very good player.

Chachi

Bench
For what it's worth Whitty, I tend to agree with you. Carney hasn't shown me anything in FG or PL to suggest he will be a superstar either (unless you consider guys like Anasta to be a superstar)... However, he has shown me that he is good enough to be a great player, continue playing rep football and lead us to a premiership. I'm afraid it probably won't be next year, but if we can hold onto our young guys I think we could be priming for '07 and beyond.

The problem we have is the fact two key playmakers (Smith and Woolford) are probably playing their last season next year, and that means we have to somehow bring in a whole bunch of talented young guys begging to have a crack at firsts. It's a pain in the arse because whatever combinations they build will have no chance to develop beyond next year...unlike 15 years ago when we had Walters, Stuart and Daley all similar ages (all superstars) and developing together.

Raider_69

Post Whore
greeneyed said:
How old was Johns when he debuted in first grade for the Knights? Anyone?

21 i believe
Carney has the best part of 3 years to go before he gets there :lol:
these clowns have no idea mate

Latest posts