What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Todd Carney

Iafeta

Referee
Interesting to see Parramatta are about to snare Mossop and Hock, two British test internationals. Seems their player recruitment dude went to England and has caught the big catch. Our own player recruitment dude went there on a bender and the only thing he had a chance to catch was the clap.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Interesting to see Parramatta are about to snare Mossop and Hock, two British test internationals. Seems their player recruitment dude went to England and has caught the big catch. Our own player recruitment dude went there on a bender and the only thing he had a chance to catch was the clap.

Lol plus a semi retired George Carmont for the illusion that some business had taken place.

Diesel

Referee
Yeah but if we sign Tomkins then the Sharks sign Carney, the Drags will look like f**king idiots

ozbash

Referee
I heard Carney to the Dragons...

Dragons Official Statement

The St George Illawarra Dragons have today announced that England International Gareth Widdop has agreed to a four-year contract that will see him join the Club from next season until at least the end of the 2017 season.
Widdop, 24, who has played half, fullback and centre for his club and country agreed to terms after consultation with his family and a visit to the Dragons region.

Scott

Bench
That is a very very big signing for them. Will be interesting to see how he goes away from Melbourne. Other than Inglis, i'd struggle to remember anyone that has actually advanced their own game when leaving Melbourne.

Diesel

Referee
I thought the sane thing about ex-Melbourne players too.

So I take it Carney will stay at Cronulla now unless the Penrith rumour is true

Mike0070

Juniors
I thought the sane thing about ex-Melbourne players too.

So I take it Carney will stay at Cronulla now unless the Penrith rumour is true

Stuff reporting that Carney has turned down 1m a season offer from the Warriors to stay at Cronulla for 700k , plus we have apparently missed out on other signings.

Illiterate

Juniors
Stuff reporting that Carney has turned down 1m a season offer from the Warriors to stay at Cronulla for 700k , plus we have apparently missed out on other signings.

I'am glad he turned us down 1m is to much I would rather they spend that money locking our current players into long term deals. Maybe throw some money at frank Pritchard.

Diesel

Referee
He's not a $1m a year player but I'm glad they decided to go all stops got the best option on the market at the time. It'll be interesting to see if we can land Tomkins or a few other higher profile players

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Also read today that the Dragons are going to step up their chase of Mateo and go really hard after him

The other part of the article I found interesting is that Ackland and Elliott don't see eye to eye and Ackland is likely to be moved on from the U20s side

Diesel

Referee
And Elliott was surprised that the top guys don't want to move to Auckland.

Warriors need a massive PR boost and get the player managers involved in this. Warriors don't need the top guys in the NRL, but we need more guys that we need to hold onto once we get them like Maloney and PJ Marsh that couldn't get a start at other clubs but the Warriors made then stars

Diesel

Referee
Perhaps we need one or two high profile guys once we start winning again or (no disrespect to Elliott as he's done good things already with the structure) a top profile coach.

Iafeta

Referee
And Elliott was surprised that the top guys don't want to move to Auckland.

Warriors need a massive PR boost and get the player managers involved in this. Warriors don't need the top guys in the NRL, but we need more guys that we need to hold onto once we get them like Maloney and PJ Marsh that couldn't get a start at other clubs but the Warriors made then stars

I think someone like Steve Price should be utilised here. There needs to be some significant marketing to player agents to get them selling to their players the positives of Auckland. It'd have to be a better place (or at worst the equal of) than the likes of Townsville, or Penriff, Newcastle, or the most boring place in the world, Canberra. The way players make out that they want to be close to their families... its humorous at times, because they end up going to Townsville, or other joints, that are similar distances by flight than Auckland is to where they were ideally looking to go. I think we've done a pathetic job in marketing the club to players.

Latest posts