What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Todd Carney

hitman82

Bench
Jamie Soward? No way... we'd look like idiots losing Maloney and picking up Soward. He wouldn't fit our team at all.

Juju

Juniors
His place kicking technique makes me want to puke. looks like a cat getting ready to take a $hit.

shiznit

Coach
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/en...n-eagle-break-up/story-e6frewz0-1226614412651

Looks like that is no longer an issue. Actually the "Kinda. We are both really busy with our careers," quote from the article may well be an indication he is planning on moving.

I'm not confident, nor desperate to see him signed - but he would be a big signing. A good one.

I would be very disappointed to see Pita Godinet leave the club if those rumours are true though. Very, very disappointed. :x
DAMN IT!! they broke up...

i was looking forward to hitting that every second weekend when the warriors were playing away...

Really? I cant see Soward and Johnson working together at all. Plus the fact that sourpuss face he pulls will get annoying after a couple of losses.

True about the mask he pulls nearly every game but anyone is an upgrade over Thomas L in the No.6 surely? Why do you think he wont partner well with Johnson?

:crazy: he is a big sook!

Yeah but he shows heart and tries to win at all cost, something some of our players lack.

Soward? The king of running sideways?

Not with our pack and style. Running sideways like our man SJ lol I guarantee you Soward will take the line on more than SJ

Jamie Soward? No way... we'd look like idiots losing Maloney and picking up Soward. He wouldn't fit our team at all.

Dude we already look like idiots prior to the most recent round we have been shite. Our great big plan to be the best franchise ring any bells :lol: I hate Soward/Coward whatever you wanna call him, yet I truly believe he is the type of player we need in the mix. Despite being aware that he is not the flyest half in the NRL we know he can with the big games, add the goal kicking element to the formula and it looks all gravy. He wouldn't be as costly as Carney, giving us a better chance of retaining some of our good local talent

His place kicking technique makes me want to puke. looks like a cat getting ready to take a $hit.

Agreed hate his ritual but taking this responsibility from Johnson will be a great thing for the Warriors as a team because he can concentrate on his game more and we will see more of his touch magic. Soward has won a Grand Final in recent times that at least deserves some respect.

Last edited:

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
True about the mask he pulls nearly every game but anyone is an upgrade over Thomas L in the No.6 surely? Why do you think he wont partner well with Johnson?

Mainly because Johnson already crabs across field too much and if we're persevering with him at #7 instead of #6, he needs someone more direct outside him with a good kicking game ala Carney. However I do accept that Sowards kicking game is ace he just doesn't seem to want contact and can see him throwing hospital balls to our back rowers pretty often.

Definitely need a change from TL at #6 though, and Soward would be an upgrade albeit a minor one.

Diesel

Referee
TL isn't an NRL #7, however him plus a few others are finally finding their feet in the NRL/under Elliott.

We need to resign Friend, I knew he was a good player but it has been since his return have looked much better

hitman82

Bench
TL's been looking better with each game. He's been good the last two weeks - we aren't losing games because of him, that's for sure.
He should be at 7 though. Johnson should be providing an adlib ball-playing role and TL should be running the team. They've got it backwards.