What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Todd Greenberg has got to go!

Are you happy with Greenberg's performance as CEO?

• Yes

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • No

Votes: 86 85.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 9 8.9%

• Total voters

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Timmah

Instead of asking others if they 'can read', take some of your own advice, go back a few posts and read the name of the article and journo that I referred to.

From there, use your intellect (Yes, you may struggle), key board and Google to locate what you are doubting Greenburgler has said.

FFS, you're a flog.
Lol "go google it yourself" isn't how it works, if you're quoting an article, link it like everyone else does.

Spot On

Coach
Lol "go google it yourself" isn't how it works, if you're quoting an article, link it like everyone else does.

Worked for me. What's wrong with you? I gave you the name of the article and journo. Don't be so f**king lazy.

And stop being a flog.

Last edited:

Valheru

Coach
While the CEO is handing out reference letters to criminals and threatening to ban players that have done nothing illegal, he has zero credibility. Greenberg is so detached from reality and the fans that nothing he says can be taken seriously. I didn't think we could get any worse than Dopey Gallop but the NRL continues to deliver.

This

The problem is Greenberg (and those before him) and by extension he NRL react to incidences not based on what the transgression actually was but by the amount of bad press it gets in the media.

Timmah

Staff member
Worked for me. What's wrong with you? I gave you the name of the article and journo. Don't be so f**king lazy.

And stop being a flog.
How hard is it to post a link to something you claim to have read? The guidelines for the forum are pretty clear on this stuff.

upload_2019-1-23_10-55-34.png

https://leagueunlimited.com/forum-rules

You're calling me lazy but you couldn't be bothered posting the link? Why not?

Timmah

Staff member
This

The problem is Greenberg (and those before him) and by extension he NRL react to incidences not based on what the transgression actually was but by the amount of bad press it gets in the media.
This is probably what confuses me - the reactionary punishments to some things but not others, but it's not necessarily a new phenomenon from Greenberg. Even before he was in the top job you have the Pearce suspension and fine, coming barely a year after a convicted Russell Packer walked back into the game with barely a noise made, and Kirisome Auva'a having a 9-month suspension shortened by allowing him to return to NSW Cup early etc.

Punishments etc have always been a grey area (just ask @mave), and I don't even know whether a change of CEO would alter that - there's still a full commission to report to and little has changed in that time either.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Greenberg "frustrated, angry, embarrassed" at off season controversies.

Greenberg:

"There's absolutely no doubt players know what is right and wrong," ... "penalties will get stronger", ... "harder consequences", ... "some of the things I've seen have just been stupid."

Meanwhile a few days earlier the same Todd Greenberg gives a character reference at the court proceedings to one of the off seasons chief offenders.

What an absolute hypocritical, double standards setting mug of the highest order.

Tiger5150

Bench
Part of the problem moving forward - particularly relating to on-field behaviour, is consistency in application.

Obviously each case is different on its own merits but it can be galling for fans to see one player punished heavily for something seemingly innocuous, while others who do more serious things are perceived to escape serious punishment.

Exactly and this is exacerbated when the leader of the organisation gives a guy with a history of off field misdemeanours a glowing character reference when they have broken the law, putting other peoples lives in danger, then two weeks later comes out with tough talk about players misbehaving. If it was a script you wouldnt believe it

Timmah

Staff member
Exactly and this is exacerbated when the leader of the organisation gives a guy with a history of off field misdemeanours a glowing character reference when they have broken the law, putting other peoples lives in danger, then two weeks later comes out with tough talk about players misbehaving. If it was a script you wouldnt believe it
I think the timing has been all off with the Inglis stuff - because of his lenient court punishment being so recent, it's easy to forget he was suspended for two test matches. Given rep appearances are comparitively rare (let alone being stripped of captaincy), it's a significant punishment.

But as I've said previous in this and the GI thread itself, I would've liked to see further on-field consequences, be it a ban from All Stars or Souths' trial matches.

Tiger5150

Bench
I think the timing has been all off with the Inglis stuff - because of his lenient court punishment being so recent, it's easy to forget he was suspended for two test matches. Given rep appearances are comparitively rare (let alone being stripped of captaincy), it's a significant punishment.

But as I've said previous in this and the GI thread itself, I would've liked to see further on-field consequences, be it a ban from All Stars or Souths' trial matches.

The NRL and court punishment are completely separate. The court doesnt take into account that he missed two Tests.

The point being that Todd Greenberg gave him a character reference for driving mid range DUI then two weeks later "Tough" Toddy gives the captains an eyeballing. Its embarassing.

Timmah

Staff member
The NRL and court punishment are completely separate. The court doesnt take into account that he missed two Tests.

The point being that Todd Greenberg gave him a character reference for driving mid range DUI then two weeks later "Tough" Toddy gives the captains an eyeballing. Its embarassing.
You're at pains to point out to me how they're completely separate but it's then somehow embarrassing that he has two different approaches to two completely separate issues?

Right.

Glenn

First Grade
You're at pains to point out to me how they're completely separate but it's then somehow embarrassing that he has two different approaches to two completely separate issues?

Right.

More the fact Todd is talking tough , but when he has the chance to put the Foot down he is busy writing a character reference to get a player off a DUI charge.

Exsilium

First Grade
The clubs also have a responsibility to make examples of players who break the rules.

I’d applaud a club if they sacked a star player for bringing the game into disrepute.

Clubs just hand it over to the integrity unit who slap the wrist and carry on.

You want to hit a woman, no worries, don’t play the game.

Endanger lives by drinking and driving, spend some time out of the game.

Plenty of players have done less and copped a lot more.

mave

Coach
Clubs just hand it over to the integrity unit who slap the wrist and carry on.

And why wouldn't they ?

Raiders, for example, got screwed for years by taking the moral high ground with guys like Carney, Fergo and Dugan, etc, etc.
When other clubs then simply picked them up, and carried on with the redemption story.

Timmah

Staff member
More the fact Todd is talking tough , but when he has the chance to put the Foot down he is busy writing a character reference to get a player off a DUI charge.
But the courts and the NRL are separate I just got told. Why are they now connected?

Latest posts