What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

todd lowrie

tresurehunt

Juniors
any one notice todd's efforts in the last couple of weeks,ive never seen him play like this before

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
He is playing well, I thought today was his worst game in a while.

Funny, a guy like him who gets bagged and is hated by almost every Eel fan, is trying his arse off without complaining while some others are complaining about the coach. Going off alot of peoples opinions on other players, Todd should be re-signed because he actually wants to play for the club.

Gaffman

Juniors
Here is where i stand on Todd...

Tuesday, i wait anxiously to see the team sheet for the coming round. Do we have anyone out, anyone coming back? Theres a bit of excitement, another round of footy is drawing near...

So you look at the team list and suss out the strength of our team...

1. Hayne. YES!! I wish i had ovaries so i could bare your children you magnificent b*stard.
2. Burty. Finishing well, kicking goals... YES YES.
3. Inu. Well... you're on too much money not to be picked so YES!!!
4. Reddy. Whoa how good is your form of late mate, keep it up YES!
5. Grothe. The Power! The Speed! YES
6. Morts. Oh give this kid more games, a champ in the making YES
7. Robson. Doing the job, not fantastically but you're doing it. YES
8. Cayless. Oh Captain, My Captain YES
9. Keating. Consistency, service... YES
10. Fui. Big strong Tongan monster :D YES
11. Hindy. Never say die, tackles and now offloads all day YESSSSS
12. Joey G. Runs hard, runs often, has a premiership ring YES

... good looking team so far :D:D:D

13. Todd. Ummm... well... ummmmm... errrr... *scratches head*... Its Todd. There must be some aspect of his game that gets me excited... ummm...

I rest my case.

bartman

Immortal
All 13 starters can't be world beaters I guess... He's an honest footy player, doesn't pretend to be any more then he is, and he does try.

he's been improving, but I'd still prefer to see Ben Smith start at lock, with Lowrie on the bench. And then Mateo coming back to take Lowrie's bench spot, and then swap with Ben when he's match fit.

Eels Dude

Coach
Was impressed with him today. Ran very hard and fast. May be a case of too little too late though... UK may end up his go.

Dav3

Juniors
He has been doing a very good job of protecting/covering for young mortimer.

Put HaHa through her first gap today with a nice inside ball and then gave HaHa another metre gain when collecting a chip and immediately offloading.

Had a game the other week where he threw some crappy balls but generally over the last month has been good with passing and is definitely being used as a deliberate ball player. Is the forward most likely to throw that inside ball to HaHa and is doing that and other jobs well.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I'll tell you something about Lowrie, whilst he's not a match winner, not by any stretch, I can't remember a time that a single error in his part has cost us a match despite many here blaming him for every loss, but the funny thing is, whilst he's never lost us a match with a single error he's actually won us a match with a single play and virtually got no credit from anyone here which is typicle of the way people think here.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
he has a good work rate, but he's down on skills

cant bend or break the line

fish eel

Immortal
crack the hundred metres yesterday didnt he?

He has been quite solid and holding his own for a few weeks now.

I'd sign him for next year. Good for depth, someone who can come in and do a job.

oldmancraigy

Coach
he has a good work rate, but he's down on skills

cant bend or break the line

I'd query his work rate?

He's got an average tackling rate - but he puts some "oomph" into the tackles that he makes.

His running game has always been my knock on him - tends to float out wide and shirk the hard work - but the last 4-5 weeks he's been taking plenty of 1-off the ruck stuff and doing his share of work.

And yesterday was in the top 3 games he's played for this club. If he brings that every week then he looks like a solid first grader.

I'd have him over B Smith at the moment - but it's definitely between the 2 of them when Mateo returns.

Gronk

Staff member
He makes better yards than Benny, but Benny has better hands and misses less tackles.

If they were both on the same coin, I'd take Benny based on current form.

fish eel

Immortal
He makes better yards than Benny, but Benny has better hands and misses less tackles.

Ben also gives away more needless penalties - he is good for a couple a game. I'd take Todd.

oldmancraigy

Coach

I think they are on the same coin.

Frankly I wouldn't take either of them on their current coin!!

Latest posts