What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Todd Payten Injured at training

Das Hassler

Bench
This is nothing short of a disaster by the way.

He is the glue that holds us together.

He does a lot of the dirty work around the ruck.

And it was just a few months ago there were calls here that he should be among the first to be let go...makes you wonder what some people are looking at when they watch a game

Bricey

Juniors
massive loss, no doubt about it

but dont people think for one minute that the likes of C.W, rednut, Ellis and the carlton player will not lift.... cause we all know they will

bring fafita into start. Then give the boys structure in defence and licence in attack

Play the game we have been playing that got us here. The total of the sum outweighs the value of the individual

dubopov

Coach
i thought sheens was a quality bullsh*t artist .. why doesn't he pretend farah is injured ? after all, last week boonji was almost dead but recovered ..

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well it has been revealed by Payten that he thinks he stepped on a tennis ball while doing training runs yesterday.

Apparently John Skandalis has been rushed into the squad.

Source: Today TV Show.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Fifita starting is an exciting proposition. Get him in the game early and see how he goes. Payten is a massive loss. Expecting Gibbs to play close to 80 minutes. We'll still get em on Saturday. Go Tigers.

dreaming 09

Juniors
Phase 1 exagerate injuries
Phase 2 milk penalties
Phase 3 sledge, when we lack faith in our own team to go on with the job.

macnaz

Staff member
A couple of things.. The 6 and zero may not indicate much, i cant remember the games he was out but there may have been other contributing factors at play like having no halfback and most proberly we were without Galloway during the period he was out. The pack are playing their best football of the year right now and will cover for his loss im sure. Also what are the stats with Scando playing this year? I wouldnt have an issue with him out there to be honest.
Fifita altho has done some great things but he has to lift his game a lot i think,lately he seems to virtualy walk to the line and start palming and trying to push of ppl, he has to stop f**king around and hit the line with some speed to be any chance of breaking it. He is there for impact and not a there as a defensive workhorse, so he needs to step up and show that impact he is capable of.

Last edited:

grandorient

Bench
Sounds like the story is correct.

Hard luck guys, I hope he plays, but doesn't look like it.

Important that both teams are fielding a full complement, or at least as full a complement as possible. If the Dragons don't make it this year, and I hasten to add, I think they will, but if they don't, I hope it's you guys or the Titans to take out the big one.

Your team and indeed your fans, from my experience, including these forums, are a pretty good mob in general and you certainly play an unpredictable style of football.

Won't wish you good luck, but certainly best wishes.

GO

Perth Tiger

Bench
SHocking luck for Payto

I like the prospect of Fifita starting though. Tell him to target Weyman in the first 15 and hopefully he can get us on the front foot

grandorient

Bench
Weyman out, to be replaced by Horio Nagasaki, world champion sumo wrestler.

Get them up ya. :lol::lol::lol:

GO

Perth Tiger

Bench
So what's our pack looking like

Galloway
Farah
Fifita
Gibbs
Ellis
Heighington

MM
Fulton
Dwyer
Fitzf**kwit?

That is what I would go with despite what the papers are currently saying that Skando is in line for the starting position.

We are paying the price now for not using Al Shirnack (sp) or David Gower for a few games earlier in the season. But in saying that I still think the pack listed can do the job for us

Torro

Juniors
I have a feeling Skando will be rushed to play. Then Fitzy will get a flick back to delegation.
Seriosuly we don't need an outside back on the bloody bench. . Fulton can cover this well so no point Sheens.

Reek_Havoc

Juniors
Advantage St George..

Huge f**king loss.

It's gonna be even harder for the Tigz now to repeat 05...

As Tim and Neil Finn say......"Hist-o-ry never repeats"

macnaz

Staff member
Yeah Saffy is very underated, does a mountain of work and is definatley a plus for us now he is out.