What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tom learoyd-lahrs

Joey_dragons

Juniors
Another big-name Canberra Raider could sign with St George Illawarra within weeks.

The Dragons are investigating the possibility of signing prop Tom Learoyd-Lahrs before the June 30 mid-season transfer deadline.

Having struggled with injuries and for match time under new coach Ricky Stuart, it is understood Learoyd-Lahrs is resigned to leaving Canberra and has begun the hunt for a new home.

The struggling Dragons are particularly interested, desperate to bolster their under-siege forward pack immediately as a season which began so promisingly plunges into freefall.

Learoyd-Lahrs has a young family and would prefer to stay in Canberra, but the 28-year-old sees the writing on the wall after being overtaken in the Raiders pecking order by young props Shannon Boyd and Kyle O'Donnell.

The Tamworth product is one of the highest-paid players at the Raiders, and his departure would free up more money as Canberra chases the signature of off-contract Melbourne forward Kevin Proctor.

The Dragons have an extensive history of recruiting Raiders players, and former Canberra stars Josh Dugan, Joel Thompson, Sam Williams and Bronson Harrison are currently on their books.

It hasn't helped them end their long-running hoodoo against Canberra though, the Green Machine winning the last nine games between the two clubs since 2007.

A forward swap is on the cards, with Thompson likely to return to Canberra next year for family reasons, having started a three-year deal with the Dragons this season.

Www.illawarramercury.com.au

pinkmoon

Juniors
I think it'll be a real shame to lose Joel Thompson back to Canberra. He would be very handy under a decent coach.

blacksafake

First Grade
No no no no no.
He is never on the park always f**king injured. I haven't seen him play a decent game in three years but having said that he would be better than Hunt.

The only winners out of this deal will be the raiders,they get Thompson & most likely Proctor.

smi962

First Grade
hope its not a straight swap without some compensation. Don't think it would work and he is always injured.

bileduct

Coach
As a Raiders fan I would love to see you guys take TLL off our hands and give us JT back.

Father Ted

First Grade
Oh goody, Yeah , joyful wonderful .estasy.. Another Canberra success story to add to our collection.

GT0007

Juniors
No no no no no.
He is never on the park always f**king injured. I haven't seen him play a decent game in three years but having said that he would be better than Hunt.

The only winners out of this deal will be the raiders,they get Thompson & most likely Proctor.

Doesn't matter we would still select Hunt til he retires!

Elias1983

Coach
Well at least they are looking in the right direction. ..

I.e props..

But agree with most, TLL not the answer.

Mr Red

First Grade
oh dear....
can this season get any worse. whats next Plodder Ah Mau and Dan Hunt sign new 5 year deals...

possm

Coach
No thanks. We need:

A new coach urgently
Two talanted props
Replacements for Harrison, Ah Mau, Hunt and Mathews.

Then watch our team fly.

saints4me

Juniors
What's Millward doing? Doesn't he know of any hard-nose poms like the Burgess brothers wanting a run in the NRL? That's one avenue we should be exploring. At least they won't be eligible for State of Origin....

northernsaint

Juniors
No thanks. He was only a bash it up player for a short while, now well past it. We would likely have similar amongst our juniors, that may develop into some-thing. He would possibly make up the numbers for the remainder of the year with a clause in the clubs favor to extend subject to performance.

Latest posts