What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tommy T

Floodwaters

Juniors
We have a situation now, Turbo is a level above Teddy but Teddy won’t get dropped and his only 29 so the best fullback in the game won’t play fullback for NSW or Australia for potentially 6 years. Taking nothing away from Teddy he has nothing on Turbo.

Floodwaters

Juniors
We have a situation now, Turbo is a level above Teddy but Teddy won’t get dropped and his only 29 so the best fullback in the game won’t play fullback for NSW or Australia for potentially 6 years. Taking nothing away from Teddy he has nothing on Turbo.

Fangs

Coach
Turbo is the best player in the world right now. Having an unbelievable impact for Manly. Those tough carries he takes through the middle followed by a lightning play the ball is pure dominance.

QLD won't enjoy this. It won't matter what position he plays.

If you could only select one current fullback in the squad, I’d go with Trbojevic. He’s currently the best fullback, and the best player in the comp IMO.

No doubt they’ll squeeze both Tedesco in at 1 and Trbojevic in the backline somewhere. That would be NSW’s strongest backline.

As for Papenhuyzen, as good as he is, I think (barring injuries to the other two) he’s a bench option only but wouldn’t be a wise one..

Reasons. You’ve already got a back-up FB if Tedesco goes down (Trbojevic). And if Mitchell goes in the centres (which is what I’d do) you’ve got 3 in the run-on side... A 4th fullback in the squad doesn’t make sense.

Furthermore he has played about 20 mins of football in the last 5 or so weeks... If he was an established Blue or we were struggling at 1 then it’s warranted. But it’s not the case.

The best 14 (bench back) for a team with Tedesco Trbojevic Mitchell etc needs to be a utility that can cover halves/centres imo. That’s either a bloke like Bird or Wighton.

Eelectrica

Referee
I honestly think Tommy T is the no. 1 FB in the game at the moment.

Come Origin, Tommy T, Cleary, Teddy, etc, we (QLD) are so screwed. Lol.

firechild

First Grade
Trbojevic >>>> Tedesco

It's time. Freddie has to make the tough decision but won't.
Teddy is a Rooster. Filter has had his tongue so far up Teddy's sphincter that he hasn't realised that he's no longer the best fullback in the game.

soc123_au

Staff member
Turbo has managed to make Manly likeable.

Teddy hasn’t been able to do the same for the Roosters.

Therefore Turbo > Teddy.
It's unbelievable that such a thing is possible, but here we are. I've never seen one player be able to have so much influence on a result.

SBD82

Coach
It's unbelievable that such a thing is possible, but here we are. I've never seen one player be able to have so much influence on a result.
The only thing that would make me like Turbo more would be if they stopped interviewing him, and I could forget that I’ve ever heard him speak.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Legit watching the merkin live yesterday he’s on another planet...

He is the gangliest, pimple faced, big eared mofo too but jeez the merkin can play... every time he ran he poked his nose through, even when he was the decoy he drew so much attention.

You could see Parras defensive line just feet plant everytime Manly put a backline movement together, we shat ourselves not knowing if they were going to go out the back to Turbo or short to an edge forward/centre etc

Freddy is a million to one to drop Teddy but by playing Turbo in the centre’s or wing you are blunting so much of his attacking ability.