What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tommy & The Cattledogs - Harden Up (Willie Mason Diss Song)

Me.

I'd buy them.

I love Tommy, one nut and all. If he wanted me, he could have me. The bloke has more passion for the game than any 20 current NRL players you can name.

Kiki

First Grade
christ he is such a media whore. i'm all for tough players but the way he carries on is a bit much. players dont need to be dirty to be tough, check out Ben Creagh for example. how many times has he had horrific head wounds and just played on. and he never talks himself up. that's true toughness.

Tommy has to accept the game has changed and no amount of talking about 'the good old days' is gonna change that.

Last edited:

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
This guy is seriously the most dangerously geniused person I have ever seen genuinely asked his opinion on TV. I guess in a way he embodies all that is wrong with rugby league and perhaps Australia in general.

:lol: @ Willie calling Tommy a dribbler.

Willie has an intellectual capacity that dirt would be embarrassed to have. He would lose a game of scrabble to a really dumb beer coaster.

ADD! ADD!

Go play Union you f**king tosser.

I don't know why some people so get worked up about Tommy. I think he's fun, a living time capsule of a great era and people shouldn't take him too seriously although I wish Willie would. Tommy's criticisms of him have been spot on IMO.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
:lol: @ Willie calling Tommy a dribbler.

Willie has an intellectual capacity that dirt would be embarrassed to have. He would lose a game of scrabble to a really dumb beer coaster.

ADD! ADD!

Go play Union you f**king tosser.

That said, Raudonikis is still pretty obviously a dribbler.

That said, Raudonikis is still pretty obviously a dribbler.

Nah, Tommy is passionate about the game and shows it in his way. Willie isn't passionate about the game, and he shows it in his way.

The best thing Willie ever did was run into an enraged David Kidwell a few years ago. It showed him what passion was all about. Didn't help him though, he's still a moron.

Didgi

Oh THAT BF. No, I was talking about a different BF, but the BF you're talking about fits as well. :lol:

LOL @ BF = Dribbler :lol:

Lambretta

First Grade
Tommy has the mental capacity of alcoholic who suffers from being punch drunk as well as incapacitated by alcohol.

But like all alcoholics, he has odd moments of clarity. His comments regarding Campese and Wallace were bang on the money.

As for passion - I seem to remember an Englishman at the Roosters who was full of passion. Rammed to the brim with it. A man that oppositions feared and opposing fans hated lining up against.

Yet Morley spent so much time suspended because his passion got the better of him too often and he ended up collecting people round the head.

Someone mentioned Kidwell as having loads of passion. I agree and I was deeply saddened when he left the Roosters - but have you ever noticed how many penalties he gives away in a game.

Passion can be just as big a liability in the modern game as it can be a benefit. You need controlled agression. Not outright lunacy. If Tommy was playing today he wouldn't last half a season before being banned for life.

He can talk about smashing people in the head and dream about how tough he was. But it's all a load of bollocks in the modern game. It means nothing. The media demands too much sanitation and screams thuggery when players are violent. Then they cart out this guy to crap on about smashing people in the face. I dont f**king get it?

Tommy is pure entertainment. I could watch him talk sh*t about modern athletes all day.

Some of the stories i've heard about the Origin bonding sessions he set up are legendary.

Lol at the Dalek's sig. Your mastery of "Paint" is astounding.

If South Sydney fans are gay then wtf do you call Doctor Who fans? A bloke in his late 50's who hides out in a Phone Booth. Lol.

Btw, his arch enemy, the "Dalek" looks like the robot equivalent of a dildo. So not only does Doctor Who hide out in a Phone Booth but he chases large dildos all round the galaxy. Classy stuff.

NewDalek1.jpg

The Dalek.

"Ribbed for her pleasure".