What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tomorrow is so important because....

James_Hardie

Juniors
We will be lucky to win again this year. And quite frankly if Souths knock us over next week, which could very well happen, we will get the spoon and will be lucky to win again.

The thing with Souths and the Warriors (our two opponents for the spoon), is that they have bad days, in terms of execution, but they always turn up and have a go. So on the days their skills are on, or their opponents are off, they can win. We aren't even turning up. The lack of effort today typified the effort that hasn't been there all year. Quite embaressing really.

Today's problem was that we didn't read the number switches in defense. Melbourne would wrap two around the ruck while the ball was being played without anyone noticing and they'd have us stacked on whichever side they chose to. We didn't see it coming time and time again and it cost us.

Also, we had the fastest player on the field by a mile and we didn't utilise it. There was a time when, at a scrum we were feeding, Kidwell was on the long wing and we should have just booted the ball and sent Hayne after it. Seriously there were 5 or 6 good opportunities to kick long and send Hayne on a chase that would have resulted in tries or repeat sets, and no one had the vision to see it.

James_Hardie

Juniors
Hollywood Jesus said:
Today's problem was that we didn't read the number switches in defense. Melbourne would wrap two around the ruck while the ball was being played without anyone noticing and they'd have us stacked on whichever side they chose to. We didn't see it coming time and time again and it cost us.

Also, we had the fastest player on the field by a mile and we didn't utilise it. There was a time when, at a scrum we were feeding, Kidwell was on the long wing and we should have just booted the ball and sent Hayne after it. Seriously there were 5 or 6 good opportunities to kick long and send Hayne on a chase that would have resulted in tries or repeat sets, and no one had the vision to see it.

Then there was the little matter of our players (forwards in particular) not being able to wrestle or even put up any sort of a fight in the ruck. We got rolled on our back and spun around in every tackle in offence, and allowed them fast play the balls in defence. I have never seen a side get so out played in the ruck as i what i saw today.

scottyeel

Bench
James_Hardie said:
Then there was the little matter of our players (forwards in particular) not being able to wrestle or even put up any sort of a fight in the ruck. We got rolled on our back and spun around in every tackle in offence, and allowed them fast play the balls in defence. I have never seen a side get so out played in the ruck as i what i saw today.
Spot on. Last year we were so dominant in that area, that's why we did so well.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Hollywood Jesus said:
look if we beat Souths we'll only be 4 outside the 8 with 10 rounds to go :)

yeah and if we lose to Souths only 2 points from LAST position #-o

yy_cheng

Coach
I thought our bench players didn't stand up.

Perenara, Riddell, Vella and JT just ruined the start that Caylo and Moimoi had put down.

The bench players were all shocking. Riddell shoud've been off alot earlier.

As for Widders, if you are a starting 2nd rower, you do not camp yourself at right centre and wait for the ball to come to you.

You need to roll up the sleeves. You can't wear a supersub's hat when starting. It essentially left us with one less forward.

As for Jarryd's GK, I know Delaney didn't kick after that either but originally I was thinking, is Benny to make his way back and then Jarryd would take on the GK?

Pricey

Juniors
The Eels will not make the 8 this year, most of the forwards are unfit and lazy, our halves are out of form and there is no cohesion in the team at all. It is a mjor underachieveing year and to be honest I cant see Hagan turning things around unless we recruit well. With everything focused on Jamie Lyon signing I do not think we will recruit well either.

redeel

Juniors
if the solstice winter sun can shine on parra stadium at an acute angle of 36.789degrees and a flock ofnth hemisphere yellow sparrows fly at an angle of 12 degrees opp the adjacent angle provided by the solstice shadow we just may make it to 7th maybe 8th place, and then we will all wake up:sarcasm:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Hollywood Jesus said:
look if we beat Souths we'll only be 4 outside the 8 with 10 rounds to go :)

we are no certaintly to be the bunnies, the broncos couldn't

TheParraboy

Staff member
redeel said:
if the solstice winter sun can shine on parra stadium at an acute angle of 36.789degrees and a flock ofnth hemisphere yellow sparrows fly at an angle of 12 degrees opp the adjacent angle provided by the solstice shadow we just may make it to 7th maybe 8th place, and then we will all wake up:sarcasm:

:lol:

I actually understood all that :D

Stagger eel

Staff member
number8 said:
I'm an optimist with awesome patience! Maths is great!

mate, I failed maths at school but I won't fail with my prediction that our season is dead.

I don't think we can blame Wizz at all for standing wide. Who scored all of our 5 tries? Our wingers. What happened when we shifted the ball wide? Our centres made good metres, Deano killed em, and we generally looked dangerous.

This should have been our style all day. Move the ball a alot, switch directions two or three times in a set, kick early for our speedmen when half a chance presented itself. It worked for a stint in the first half and worked for the end stint of the game. I'd guess that three of the four fastest people on the field would have been our back three and we should have utilised it.

When we played like this we looked good. When we tried to ruck it up we were shown to be inferior and we looked bad.

Utey

Coach
So true jesus. We looked f*cken excellent when we spread wide and Chalky was generally good at busting the line. Definately playing up the middle is a waste of time.