What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tongue Retires

Green Evil

Juniors
I just received an email saying a press conference is being held today for Tonguey to announce his retirement. Although it is a sad day to see a clubman such as him retire it is not something that hasnt been on the cards. With the club resigning Buttriss after saying that he wouldnt be resigned unless Waddell moved on there was always the thought that one of our hookers was leaving.

He provided great leadership through a rough period for the club. He could be a great signing for his hometown club the Dungowan Cowboys for next season!

supera

Juniors
whilst I'm one of many who've criticised his positioning at hooker, he is a club legend who will be sorely missed. hopefully maccas get on board with the red wigs again.

sydraider

First Grade
Im glad he is taking the right course of action, he needed to retire, still think he is a club legend and wish him all the best for his future which no doubt he will still be involved with the club in some capacity.

aussies1st

Staff member
Made the right call, Furner basically killed how we remember him by playing him at hooker but I'll forget the past few years where he's been moved around and remember the good years.

NRL-TGG

Guest Moderator
Fantastic player, will be thought of as a great lock when people look back on his career.

This year he has been slightly disappointing, to put it nicely.

Timbo

Staff member
Great clubman, great player before Furner tried to shoe-horn him into hooker.

Will be sorely missed, but thank god he's gone from hooker.

Champion bloke, busted his gut and lead by example.

With a year on his contract he has done the right thing by retiring , it shows the character of the man.

I hope he stays around the club and by the sound of it that is his plans

nickraider

Juniors
Good luck to him. Solid player in his time who played with his heart on his sleeve. Pity Furner had to play him out of position for so long which as we all know did not work. Good luck in retirement Tonguey.

skeepe

Immortal
A sad day for our club. Things won't be the same without Tongue around.

Not surprising to see the usual suspects using his retirement as an excuse to take a shot at the coach. Pathetic, but not surprising.

matt

Juniors
You can take your premierships and false premierships (storm) and shove em up your arse, I am extremely grateful and proud that my support went to a club with the calibre of bloke that Alan Tongue is playing for it.

Cryptic

Juniors
Other sad thing, one of the only players out there who wasn't allowing a scum sucking parasite to hang off him (a player manager).

Latest posts