What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonie Carroll? How many weeks?

:crazy:

Please don't ever, ever, ever watch the UFC.

yeah, tiddlywinks, we kick box/some mma and train 3-5 times a week.

Gracie would eat anyone in the ufc. You were probably in diapers when he was in it. People might think what we do is pretty cool because we dedicate a significant amount of time to it, but its just to stay fit really. Those wild dogs in ufc are ok. But they are basically pulling people off the street these days. Brazillian Jujitsu is sublime, with an excellent practitioner. Kickboxing is brutal but can be a blunt weapon. In truth we do "mix" our martial arts. A basic principle of martial arts is to use the opponent’s strength and momentum against him to gain more leverage than one’s own muscles alone can generate, thereby gaining an advantage. In combat you must use any advantage you can, and utilizing more disciplines is advantageous. In many situations your environment can be of great value.

One of my trainers was in the U.S Marine corp, and those guys know all about close combat fighting. One of our favourite things to do is to simulate fights that involve many people and train in ways to defeat them...such as a bar-fight situation.

But remember guys, most chicks dont appreciate a fight, and its not the best way to solve an argument.

As to the UFC, great fighters are few and far between now. Kind of watered down. I appreciate what they go up against, given their skill and courage, but I try not to overly fascinate myself with it like others do. In other words, Im not paying to watch that sh*t.

As for Carroll, I think he should cop a suspension for that. And the souths player. I'm disguted because it could have been avoided.

Remember, I prefer to get out and "do"....shock horror, so no, I don't play video games much either. Or crap on about mma and how wonderful it is....anyone can brawl and be pulled out of a gym by the promise of a few quick dollars for a show that requires "content" just like any other. Take a hike.

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Hopefully caspersparks was referring to poor boy blues in his second posting.

Broncodr01d

Juniors

Gracie would eat anyone in the ufc. You were probably in diapers when he was in it. People might think what we do is pretty cool because we dedicate a significant amount of time to it, but its just to stay fit really. Those wild dogs in ufc are ok. But they are basically pulling people off the street these days. Brazillian Jujitsu is sublime, with an excellent practitioner. Kickboxing is brutal but can be a blunt weapon. In truth we do "mix" our martial arts. A basic principle of martial arts is to use the opponent’s strength and momentum against him to gain more leverage than one’s own muscles alone can generate, thereby gaining an advantage. In combat you must use any advantage you can, and utilizing more disciplines is advantageous. In many situations your environment can be of great value.

One of my trainers was in the U.S Marine corp, and those guys know all about close combat fighting. One of our favourite things to do is to simulate fights that involve many people and train in ways to defeat them...such as a bar-fight situation.

But remember guys, most chicks dont appreciate a fight, and its not the best way to solve an argument.

As to the UFC, great fighters are few and far between now. Kind of watered down. I appreciate what they go up against, given their skill and courage, but I try not to overly fascinate myself with it like others do. In other words, Im not paying to watch that sh*t.

As for Carroll, I think he should cop a suspension for that. And the souths player. I'm disguted because it could have been avoided.

Remember, I prefer to get out and "do"....shock horror, so no, I don't play video games much either. Or crap on about mma and how wonderful it is....anyone can brawl and be pulled out of a gym by the promise of a few quick dollars for a show that requires "content" just like any other. Take a hike.

Go eat some concrete and harden the f**k up EVEN MORE little man :lol:

Last edited:

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Did anyone see in tonights Souths vs Broncos game in the 66th minute Tonie Carroll kneeing referee Tony De Las Heras in the head?. Im not sure whether it was deliberate or not, id be willing to give Tonie Carroll the benefit of the doubt, but regardless the referees need to be protected, otherwise one day we will have none.

Tonie Carrolls done this before, and I think he needs to be made an example of. You just cant go around kneeing referees in the head.

I think that should do him for the season. 8 weeks.

Should organise a public stoning. That would be sufficient punishment.

fourplay

Juniors

fail.

Royce Gracie made a comeback at UFC 60 and got dominated by Matt Hughes.

Hanscholo

Bench
That was without doubt the worst hit to the head i can recall seeing in RL. A knee flush to the side of the head, we are extremely lucky the referee isnt dead. its not really funny guys.

DeeJ

Bench
I think poor Tonie tried to skip over him at the last moment but he couldn't lift his legs high enough anymore :(

God-King Dean

Immortal
2004_22_34ryles.jpg

Pierced Soul

First Grade
i cnat believe some morons actually think there was any intent by either player... i thought it was a pisstake thread but it seems here are more morons watching league then thought :crazy:

Danish

Referee
Accidents don't count for sh*t.

Simpson dropped the shoulder, we have seen players suspended for 2-3 weeks for less.

Carroll made the decision to hurdle him rather than go round him. He was close to 10m behind Simpson so its not like the ref appeared out of nowhere.

Both reacted poorly to a ref being in their way, and should both be charged. I wouldn't expect more than a couple of weeks for either of them, although Souths fans would probably be hoping for a life ban for Simpson.

Paullyboy

Coach
Holy crap, I thought this was a joke thread too and was going to go along with it - it's disturbing how many people on here actually think that warrants a suspension.

Dazraider

Juniors
what a laugh, that was a great moment in sport seeing the ref get taken off.

should happen more often with some of their disgraceful decisions they make costing sides games