What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TONIGHTS GAME - Dragons vs Eels (Live Updates)

Snoochies

First Grade
CONGRATULATION PARRA FOR MAKING THE FINALS AFTER A CRAPPY START TO THE YEAR.

Seems half the supporters have already forgotten the last 8 weeks, some are hard to please.

SCoops

Juniors
Well at least we know today who are pretenders and overrated ones

Pretenders and overrated?????? your kidding yourself.

7 in a row is not a fluke.
The Dragqueens were the ones that got flogged but the teams out of the top 8.

We were beaten by the team at the top of the ladder.

We can hold our heads up high.

Lets bring on next week won't we.

Coops

Dragon

Coach
I think we saw the real Parra tonight mate :(

Nah mate a week is a long time, look at our turnaround. You had your key man on the sidelines, some bad calls, and Inu went off.

I sure as hell wouldn't want to play you guys next week, but we may have to.

Delboy

First Grade
Here's a thing , my wife who doesn't normally watch, and only ever showed any interest when our son played reps, said after the first 2 tries were given.

"The first one was dropped, the other one never got over the line, I am off to bed to read my book, because with those decisions we have no hope of winning. "

How true was that when we look back

SCoops

Juniors
The last 7 weeks have been great.

And while I am disappointed by tonight's loss, I am just stoked to make the 8.

I for one had given up on the Eels about mid yeah and was just looking forward to causing some upsets and looking for a great year next yeah.

The last 7 weeks were no fluke. We just put the brakes on and coasted. From what I saw anyway.

I think we can and will comeback next week.

I just really hope we play the Dogs at SFS and not the Dragons.

Cheers
Coops

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Nah mate a week is a long time, look at our turnaround. You had your key man on the sidelines, some bad calls, and Inu went off.

I sure as hell wouldn't want to play you guys next week, but we may have to.
Hopefully you are right, Hindy the glue that keeps us together. But you guys showed you're true colours tonight. Fowards totally dominated us and gave our backs no room to move. Hopefully we play the Dogs next week.

Gronk

Staff member
"thud" was right. I feel quite deflated this morning and unsure of the future. It's astounding how many times team sports are decided on a "who turns up" factor.

Ando is right - we didnt become a bad team in 80 mins, but we need to rekindle that belief and passion that rolled other sides over the past 2 months.

I don't want to say who I prefer to play next week, simply because that suggests fear of another.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
"thud" was right. I feel quite deflated this morning and unsure of the future. It's astounding how many times team sports are decided on a "who turns up" factor.

Ando is right - we didnt become a bad team in 80 mins, but we need to rekindle that belief and passion that rolled other sides over the past 2 months.

I don't want to say who I prefer to play next week, simply because that suggests fear of another.

I was deflated last night but this morning I realise we are in the finals something I didn't think possible 8 weeks ago.

Anything can happen from now on come finals. Also thinking of the side we will have next year is getting me very excited.

Lets enjoy the ride !!!

Here's a thing , my wife who doesn't normally watch, and only ever showed any interest when our son played reps, said after the first 2 tries were given.

"The first one was dropped, the other one never got over the line, I am off to bed to read my book, because with those decisions we have no hope of winning. "

How true was that when we look back
You have a very smart wife there Delboy, don't let her go.

I think it is amssive learning curve for you. You bet Parra will be itching for another crack at the dragons. I think St George will dig their heels in now and stay at kogorah for round 1. McIntyre system is a joke. It should be like the AFL system. It shows that the NRL are purely profit driven. I mean allowing a top two side to go out after week 2 of the finals is insane.

I think it is amssive learning curve for you. You bet Parra will be itching for another crack at the dragons. I think St George will dig their heels in now and stay at kogorah for round 1. McIntyre system is a joke. It should be like the AFL system. It shows that the NRL are purely profit driven. I mean allowing a top two side to go out after week 2 of the finals is insane.
I bet if the AFL wasn't using that system we would, they don't want to use it coz the AFL do and that would be admiting the AFL do it better.
I agree that it should be like the AFL 1v4, 2v3 winners thru to week 3 losers play winners of 5v8 and 6v7 losers gone.
Much better system and better incentive to finish in the top 4.

Parra Steve

Juniors
There seemed to be a lack of communication in defence last night. in our pas wins, you could see the players pointing the players they were marking against and if a break was made it was quickly cleaned up.

Kornstar

Coach
At the game all the players appeared not to really care, they seemed like they only were there because they had to be.

It looked forced, even in the second half when they tried to throw the ball around it looked like we were doing it because it seemed right not because we wanted to.

Latest posts