What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonight's Game (Spoilers)

CJKnight

Juniors
Pika said:
Our best performance of the season to be honest. Ball handling aside, the percentages were better by a mile than Bulldogs and Dragons.

Storm were not that bad.

Defence was strong, and while we created opportunity in attack, we were unable to put the game away.

Gidley has had a great start to the season. I share the opinion here that he is not a play maker. I will also add this; tonight we lost the game by 12 points, all of which came from a bomb not being taken on the ful.

Cry unlucky bounce if you like, but if you take the pill on the full, its out of the equation. Gidley had opportunity to take both on the full.

Absolutely! If Gidley continues to do that he will quickly find himself in the centres. Particularly with Thiaday and Hinton both in PL.

Farva

Juniors
I dont understand alot of the criticism on here. I thought last night we played by far the best this year and matched it with the premiership heavyweights (regardless of whether they played well or not).
I agreee with minor changes, but not because of what happened last night

Ben

Bench
There was no chance that Kidley could've taken that Quinn try on the full. It was a torpedo bomb and it was dropping way to quick. That was a try that we could not have stopped.

I think Kidley should stay at fullback especially with Thaiday out. He is just trying to do too much at the moment with the ball in his hands and looking for support players. What he should be doing is exactly what he was doing in the first two rounds - putting himself in dummy half and just running the ball. He has great strength, a step and a turn of speed and he just needs to slot himself there and run. He tore apart both the Bulldogs and Dragons in the first two rounds but he has slowly been pulling back into the backline trying to run the plays. Leave that to Mullen.

I think much of the criticism to our attack is unwarranted. You have to take into consideration that it was slippery conditions and the Storm defence is just amazing. There was not an opportunity all night to go wide because they were so good at slowing down the play the ball, albeit with cheap tactics, and their defence gave no room for us to go and play wide. Just look at the first half when we had 60% of the ball and only managed to score 12 points.

Burwood

Bench
The only change to the side that I see as being essential is getting rid of Seu Seu. He had a great debut, but Smith has been reluctant to give him any real game time in the following three rounds. Whether he is trying to protect him, or pulling him off because of his ability to give away cheap penalties, he is becoming a passenger and I can't see his value when he only gets 15 or so minutes in a match.

Pika

Bench
No crticism from me. Best performance of the year to date.

Gidley could have made both on the full. Watching the DVD straight after the game, he made a decision to let the ball bounce as soon as it left the boot.

His form this year has been great. No changing that the 12 point score diffrence were form bombs allowed to bounce.

HUGE improvement in defence.... we moved up and smothered them which i would say if we did that last week we would have one..
lets put players into their right spots...Hinton to fullback..for a start.why not!..abraham is not a 5/8 so why keep him there?
kidley to 5/8..mullen to half..Doogs to centre! franze to wing...or Utai..

We need penetration...doogs gives us that in the centres..Tho if he EVER Leaves his wing un mann ed again damn it!

Tighe i thought should be given a chance..but hasnt done diddly.however..he hasnt been given a real shot with the men inside him..carmont continues to be chosen..no sure why really..
lets face it tho..if doogs scores..we collect one of those bombs....when buderus was charging at the line and if he could have just seen the line open up..snapped off his left foot and scored near the post instead of trying to burrow his way across we had melbourne which is NOT what we were saying last week.

DO NOT give the ball to reynoldson..i dont get this guy..when playing for melbourne he would rip and tear in a about every 3rd game..now he hardly raises a roar..except when he drops the freakin ball..

a couple of pin point passes close to the ruck near the line last nite would have got us the win..but wasnt to be but i am now more confident of beating the bunnies next week

anyone see what happened to simpson?..he put his hand up at one stage for replacement for leg trouble?

knights9

Juniors
We are our own worst enemy. Just some stupid mistakes and penalties giving Melbourne good field position and letting them back in the game.

Its good to have Buderus back. With bedsey back in the team it improves our defence heaps.

Overall im happy with the score line and happy with most of the players performances but we just need to try cut down wit the errors.

Frederick

Staff member
Holla if ya hear me said:
lets put players into their right spots...Hinton to fullback..for a start.why not!
Because he is currently coming back from injury off the Premier League bench...that's why not!
..abraham is not a 5/8 so why keep him there?
He hasn't done anything wrong so far? He provides good ball out to the backs, and he has a strong running game.
kidley to 5/8
What, you want us to lose even more, do you?
..mullen to half
Umm...he already is? :?
franze to wing
You've never seen Franze play, have you?
...or Utai..
Ok, WTF? Do you even know who our players are?
anyone see what happened to simpson?..he put his hand up at one stage for replacement for leg trouble?
Not sure, missed that during the match, and haven't read anything in any articles since.

stevo

Juniors
I was just happy to watch the game. Don't have pay TV and the stupid pub accross the road never seems to have the bloody footy on. Sorry we're got the union on and the other telly has the races on. FFS! We ended up driving down to Beenleigh and missing most of the first half.

Any of you guys here about the bouncer up here that 'evicted' a bloke last week and the guy ended up dying, well thats my local. A absolute joke of a pub. Don't ever go there if ya wanna watch the Footy on a saturday!

Frederick

Staff member
Just on the Sunday Footy show, Simmo needs his knee looked at. Could be looking at one to two weeks out.

abrahaM is not a 5/8..he doesnt release the ball
Hinton was mentioned as being in premier league..wasnt at the game so ddint know if he was playing then
Kidley has had 5/8 experience with johns
Mullen is the half..good boy
franze deserves a run
Utai to provide pace..

Oh yeah..fred..kiss my arse

[furrycat]

Coach
Hinton was mentioned as being in premier league..wasnt at the game so ddint know if he was playing then
Mullen is the half..good boy
franze deserves a run
Utai to provide pace..

Real mature mate. :cool:
Sure you don't mean UATE? Utai would be a Bulldogs player and I can't see any Knights players named Utai.

Frederick

Staff member
Really? How does he play the ball then? :?
Whoopdy freaking do. So did Shaun Rudder. Kurt Gidley is NOT a playmaker.
No thanks - I prefer women to 41 year old men who can't spell and seem to know very little about football :)

really..tell me how many times abraham passed the ball from a set scrum..umm never..and id know more about the game than you would ever dream.kidley is not a fullback
a student/barman..can you clear my table son and get me another drink..and then be on your way lil man

[furrycat]

Coach
really..tell me how many times abraham passed the ball from a set scrum..umm never..and id know more about the game than you would ever dream.kidley is not a fullback
a student/barman..can you clear my table son and get me another drink..and then be on your way lil man

Wow. Playing the age card and you can read his occupation it seems.
Wake up to yourself and act your age. Head over to the fight club or the FFB if you want to have a kiddy fight. Don't be such a prat.

Frederick

Staff member
and id know more about the game than you would ever dream.
You don't even know the names of our players :lol:
No thanks - I don't serve middle-aged no hopers who talk like they're trying to re-capture their youth, and most probably still live with their parents :)

Matt23

Staff member
Gotta agree with Furry on this one, cut the crap or take to TFC

Latest posts