What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonights game

rasaint

Juniors
My View is that for both sides the Refs blew some rubbish type penalties last night. Generally the rub of the green went to the Titans last night ( two close in goal kicks for dragons trys just bonced more favourably for the Titans and not us, an interesting video ref decision on Minichello try which even TV commentators and Carty himself had given up on etc). Cuthbo very strong.

BigNormProvan

Juniors
Nightingale was superb, yet again. I liked Cuthbo's attack, his defence seemed a little off. Credit to McKinon (Sp) he had a very solid, confidence building debut, soiled it a bit with an error that led directly to a Titan try :-(

Our 1st half was bloody good for an 'bits and bobs' team, bar their quick opening try. We played like an 'bits and bobs' side in the 2nd half.

Reffing was ordinary for both teams. What was the crowd figure??

Bring on next week.

Big Norm

well im spewing
dead set.

the titans get a win against some coal miners, reserves and others. the sharks atleast won legit.

i thought the dragons were very good. and if they had have scored that try under the sticks that he just lost....well at 14-4

tits would have gotten nervous.

anyway, there was alot to like about the performance.

RedVDave

First Grade
Bennett's Babes:

I was most proud of the boys last night even in defeat they played their guts out and inexperince and fatigue got to them in the end.

McKinnon
Cuthbertson
Green
Tagive

were the real standouts for mine, nice to see Marketo get a run as well I rate him very highly.

Father Ted

First Grade
Bennett's Babes:

I was most proud of the boys last night even in defeat they played their guts out and inexperince and fatigue got to them in the end.

McKinnon
Cuthbertson
Green
Tagive

were the real standouts for mine, nice to see Marketo get a run as well I rate him very highly.

What about Nightingale had a hand in two tries and saved another

RedVDave

First Grade
Is he another newcastle bound guy?

One can only hope not, personally I don't think so (someone else mentioned this) but would he really want a 4th club in as many years?

Maybe we should make him a banner so he can fell the love?

TheRev

First Grade
The problem is that the StGeorge game is built on trusting eachother in defence.. and players out of position (like Prior and to a lesser extent Flo) and rookies like Tagive, or guys like Simmonds, just 1 of those players in your defensive line and its a chink & the nearby players have doubts, and the whole thing breaks down.

Last night we opened up at nearly every opportunity, we may have been the better team for 80 minutes (in attack), but we were playing a completely different game plan to usual.. you just cant have all the rookie mistakes like getting pushed over the sideline, or back into the in-goal (its actually what happened for NSW too in origin 1, Jennings gave the ball back a couple of times, and undid anything good he did in attack).

I have felt the Dragons were lucky to get a few of our recent wins (and the draw), we were getting beat for field position, but won on the back of solid defence and confidence.. I think its just a flat period we are going through, but not too worried about that (a good time to have it), I just hope for no serious injuries and get thru to the other side...

nontime111

Juniors
A BIG THANK YOU to the rookies!!!
You were damn ACE even though we lost it was really a win!
Mckinnon is going to be HUGE he is a superstar in the making, SO cool SO young!! Tagive was super reliable and had flashes of brilliance, very solid, along with Marketo and CUTHBO PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE STAY BROTHER!!!! Your also the next BIG thing!!! VALUABLE part of the team brother, dont go, stay in the Red V who knows where you can go here at Saints!!

Very proud of you all keep up the fire breathing magic it was GREAT to watch!!:lol:

Jason Maher

Immortal
I am sick of the attitude of some Saint George supporters.

All three of your tries in tonights game came off the back of BS penalties and the Titans were blatantly denied a fair try with a so called forward pass.

What more do you want from the referee? Are you unhappy that you didn't get more BS penalties like you usually do? Or are you unhappy that the video ref didn't award you your knock on try like they have in the past?

:lol:

I love your comedic stylings. Should I try the veal?