What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonight's seating with the wet weather

Prodigiousman

Juniors
I work just around the corner from Telstra Stadium and I was planning on taking my brother in law who's English and hasn't seen a lot of games in Australia to the Souths-Panthers game tonight but with the way the weather has set in - I've gotta wonder why I would bother going to a game not involving a side I support if the best seats available are predominantly going to be exposed to the weather.

I just used ticketek to get the best available seats and they are in section 107 on the Eastern side - now having been to quite a few games before I'd think there is a 99% chance that these seats won't have any cover and according to the stadium map no seats above the media/corporate boxes are open to the public.

So my question is should Souths/Telstra Stadium open up the top level seats that are undercover as an option for people who have tickets?

If I know for sure I can get under cover in conditions like they are at the moment - I'll be there for sure.

Do you think this would be a good idea to attract a bigger crowd this evening.

Ironically if you had general admission you'd actually get a seat under cover at each end of the ground If you wanted to sit at the back of the concourse) and pay much less than if you were in the prime seats available online.

Thoughts?

LeagueLegend

Juniors
Why would you bother at all? Given the current weather, it's live on Channel 9 and it's the only game tonight why would you punish yourself by going to Telstra.

This game could be worst attended game all year.

Tom Shines

First Grade
They be lucky to get 5k there.
And if the weather continues, I think the Roosters will be lucky to get ANYBODY to the Saturday game.

Mr Saab

Referee
LeagueLegend said:
Why would you bother at all? Given the current weather, it's live on Channel 9 and it's the only game tonight why would you punish yourself by going to Telstra.

This game could be worst attended game all year.

Watch out, dodge will come for you with that attitude!

Prodigiousman

Juniors
I was at the Broncos-Souths game at Telstra last year (in similar conditions) and if they can somehow have less people show up tonight as that game - it'll be a miracle.

And they announced 8 or 9 thousand that night and the gut feel was the correct figure was 2 or 3 thousand.

Easts will have to work overtime with the free tickets at Westfield tomorrow if they intend on getting more than 3,000 (people not toes). Like the summer heat in March souths fans interest has waned with their team's return to its more usual surrounds of the cellar. Rusty and the guy he beat up for lunch money have bought a dud. 12,000 at redfern is about their level really

The ferals are in the burrow to be fair
Will daaarrrreeeeeeeeeenn from souwwwwwwwwwwf sydney be vere to ring graeme hughes with updates in the jersey flegg ? I can still recall his less than interesting call about the 97 jersey flegg semi between soufs and canberra that he went to wiv his aunt

MattJ

Juniors
c'mon souths fans, due to a bye and 3 interstate games, we have had 1 home game in 5 weeks! I cant wait to get there tonight, and neither should any of you, f*ck the weather and get out there!

dannyboy

Juniors
kia ora storm said:
Are you true fans or what ???...get out there, get drenched, have a few beers...life is good !!!.
He says from the warmth of his own lounge room

dannyboy said:
He says from the warmth of his own lounge room

Mate...if I was up in Sydney and a Bunnies or Panthers fan then I would be there...no questions asked.

I go to all Storm games - rain or shine and stand out in the open..

Get into it and stop making nancy excuses...;-)

choc_soldier

Coach
I'm going out there tonight - sure, it'll be pissing down, the temperature surely to be in single figures and the spectacle probably to be a dour one given the conditions.

But unless it is extreme circumstances, I go to all Panthers games in Sydney. It's a lot better to be there than watch it on the telly.

Can't wait for tonight!

Prodigiousman

Juniors
I just had that discussion with some people at work about whether or not they might consider postponing the game...

Origin II is on Wednesday.... if the ground got cut to pieces tonight and it kept raining til Wednesday... we might have a problem - no matter how advanced the drainage system is...

I'd imagine they'd cancel Premier league as it appears they have cancelled Flegg already - I work at Homebush and it hasn't let up for some hours.

yobbo84

Coach
Prodigiousman said:
I just had that discussion with some people at work about whether or not they might consider postponing the game...

Origin II is on Wednesday.... if the ground got cut to pieces tonight and it kept raining til Wednesday... we might have a problem - no matter how advanced the drainage system is...

I'd imagine they'd cancel Premier league as it appears they have cancelled Flegg already - I work at Homebush and it hasn't let up for some hours.

Souths don't have a Premier League side. Norths play tomorrow. But yeah, Flegg is off.

mightypanther

Juniors
ozzie said:
20 people and a feral rabit will be there

Well I guess I'll be one of the 20 people then......cause I'm sure as hell NOT a feral rabbit.:D

Hmmm......I wonder if we should revise plans and arrive later, seeing as you have said that Flegg is cancelled.
Where did you hear that info from? Was it announced on radio?

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Its funny how people are going to be understanding about how poor this crowd will be, but last years 4000 in Auckland was considered a disgrace

Prodigiousman

Juniors
yobbo84 said:
Souths don't have a Premier League side. Norths play tomorrow. But yeah, Flegg is off.

apologies for assuming a Premier League match was on... but you're splitting hairs a bit saying Souths don't have a PL side (when apart from the logo/jumpers Norths is Souths and Souths is Norths in PL) to make a point surely.

innsaneink

Referee
Glad I read this thread, were going, wont worry about getting there so early now.

http://www.souths.com.au/fanzone/viewnewsarticle.asp?ArticleID=1924
Jersey Flegg Match Postponed

Due to the heavy rain in Sydney today particularly around Sydney Olympic Park, the Jersey Flegg match at Telstra Stadium tonight prior to the Rabbitohs v Panthers NRL game has been postponed.
The first grade fixture will go ahead as scheduled.
Gate opening times and transport details remain the same. Gates will open at 5:30pm. The Rabbitohs Express train service from Central Station to Sydney Olympic Park will leave at 6:06pm.
The Jersey Flegg fixture will be played at a time and date to be determined.
Don't worry about the weather! SSFC will provide every single fan at Telstra Stadium tonight with a FREE red and green poncho! See you at Telstra Stadium!

See...no excuses. :lol:

Latest posts