What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

tonsillectomy

dyslexie

Juniors
has anyone here had a tonsillectomy ?

i have to have my tonsils out and i wanna know how much it costs (i dont have private health :( ) and how long around about i'll need off work and stuff !

cheers guys.

Stranger

Coach
Private health is fantastic. Doesn't medicare pay for some of it? (i haven't needed an opp in a while.)

I had my tonsils out as a youngen, they have since grown back.

dyslexie

Juniors
yeah im going onto private after this so when i have to get my wisdoms out it wont cost as much !
i dunno if that 1800 is before or after, its on a government website tho, but that was the average in 2001-02 so i dont know what it will be now.
i've never had an op so im hell scared.

Stranger

Coach
:lol: never had an op? Pfftt piece of cake.

Ive had so many that it was eventually a game to see how high i could count after they put the sleepy stuff in me. I got to 8 i think, which was pretty good. They used the injections to put ya to sleep in the end. I started with the gas which tasted like garbage.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Private health is fantastic. Doesn't medicare pay for some of it? (i haven't needed an opp in a while.)

Private really is awesome. You probably end up paying more than you'll use in the long run, but I don't mind putting aside $25 a fortnight if it means saving $600 like I did today after an extended trip to the dentist.

Stranger

Coach
Not only saving like $600, but something like my mum getting Chemo about 2 weeks after the lump has been discovered instead of 3-6months.
Definately pays for itself.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Not only saving like $600, but something like my mum getting Chemo about 2 weeks after the lump has been discovered instead of 3-6months.

No doubt. I'd still be waiting for an appointment midway through next year while teaching with a toothache in Gwangju if I waited for the free clinic to have an opening. And I wouldn't get happy gas, either.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Who needs their wisdom teeth out. That's an outdated myth.

That depends. If they're impacted, they need to be removed. Otherwise they'll cause crowding and damage the other teeth. Eventually, impacted wisdoms can cause nerve damage.

griffo346

First Grade
Stranger said:

I had my tonsils out as a youngen, they have since grown back.

:lol: :lol: Benny ur a idiot Tonsils dont grow back when there taken out

dyslexie

Juniors
griffo346 said:
:lol: :lol: Benny ur a idiot Tonsils dont grow back when there taken out
thats where ur wrong, it is actually possible for ur tonsils to grow back..
its happened to a few people i know..

Latest posts