What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tooheys column in todays Sunday Telegraph

Rod

Bench
I would absolutely hate to see Weepu here. Can't stand the guy.

Luckily it'll never happen anyway.

Yeah thinking about it further, he moved to Auckland this season and rapidly became homesick for Wellington, so it doesn't add up that he would uproot to another country while that's going on, especially if he would have to play basically for free as suggested.

Liam Foran fits the bill but I personally wouldn't classify that as being particularly left-field.

Left-field makes me think either league half from the UK or union half from NZ. A union half from any other area such as the UK would be unlikely as they are on crazy money over there.

As far as NZ union halves go, I can't think of many that would be worth pursuing. Carter and Weepu are little chance as already mentioned. Cruden is a gun but the NZRU have him under lock and key.

I'm very curious now......:lol:

Club very strictly does not discuss player contracts. The source let it slip by accident at a game. I was stunned. He is a top bloke. As RABK says it has to stay policy or someone gets in deep s###. Sorry.

Rod

Bench
Nah fair enough mate, wasn't fishing for who it was.

It's just fun to throw names around :).

perverse

Referee
you don't need to keep rebuking our speculation, Showstopper. it's just that, speculation. you can't drop a bomb like that and expect us not to talk about it, lol.

Liam Foran hardly fits on the "wow" radar. he's the older brother (24 years old), and has been languishing in reserve grade for the Warriors, the Roosters and Manly since leaving the Storm.

Of course Perverse. I understand that. Speculate away. I am just keeping my word. I hope it makes us all happy if does in fact eventuate.

Last edited:

Nuffy

Bench
I hope its not Weepu, he is going like a busted and will lose his spot for Auckland let alone the AB's.