What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tool New Album - Fear Inoculum

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
What....13 years between albums? Did they try to outdo The Avalanches?

Seems like I bought AEnima only five years ago.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I’ve always taken a while to get into Tools albums, this one seems the same

Gotta say what whether it was by design or not holding the back catalogue off streaming sites and then releasing them all a month before the new record drops was marketing genius

TheVelourFog

First Grade
took 10 listens but ive warmed to it somewhat

Lateralus is one of the greatest albums of all time and this sounds like outtakes and b-sides

lotta rehashed riffs and not much Maynard

but its alright

Exsilium

First Grade
Finally given it the time it deserved. I was smashing the Japanese Whisky last weekend and gave it a blast but not before throwing back to the earlier albums.

Overall, I don't mind it.

'Descending' is 100% TOOL. The bass guitar and tempo is a throwback to Aenima and Lateralus days. Probably my favourite from the album. Midway through 'Invincible' I couldn't help myself and turned it up full volume. The solo guitar and backup double kick was a highlight.

Pnuema is O.K. Fear Inoculum is neither here nor there for me. It's a subtle reminder that TOOL still exist as a band but it lacks the vitality of past albums.

5/10.