What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

top 10 favourite games of all time

boxhead

First Grade
Mine are a bit different, but I tend to enjoy games for the experience rather than the fun factor, and I will say that I have played a LOT of games over the years;

1. Shadow of the Colossus
2. Goldeneye 007
3. Mass Effect (1 and 2)
4. Final Fantasy X
5. Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
6. God of War (series), GOW2 being the pick.
7. Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
8. Super Mario 64
9. Kingdom Hearts (1 and 2)
10. Batman: Arkham Asylum

And there are a lot that deserve mention: the Halo series (Reach being my pick), Rome: Total War, Starcraft and Starcraft 2, FIFA 11, the Call of Duty series (I played it religiously before it was a fad), Transformers: War for Cybertron (a great game that received little attention), Crysis, Resident Evil 4, etc. So many damn games :)

Bulldog Force

Referee
  1. GTA 4 - I know it's fairly recent, but the graphics, gameplay and all-round specs of the game were so damn realistic, that they alone get it to #1 for me.
  2. GTA SA - Another fairly recent game. It had an awesome storyline and the setting of South Central, San Francisco and Vegas (all with different names of course) and rural country towns in between were all very impressive.
  3. Alex Kidd in Miracle World - one of the first SMS games I played. Had enjoyable gameplay and for a game made in 1986, had fairly good graphics. Loved the music of each stage, especially when on the motor bike and swimming in the water.
  4. Sonic 2 - Another SMS game. It was a big improvement on Sonic 1 and seemed a lot richer.
  5. Juiced - the original game of the series had a very impressive debut, and matched the NFS series during its reign. It took car racing to a whole new level for me with, and was inspired by the F&F film series. Loved the in-game music too.
  6. Urban Chaos - Not a well-known game, but a game that allowed the player to roam the gritty streets of union city (loosely based on New York) as a rookie police officer at the turn of the millennium. This was one of the very first games I played which allowed me to drive a car free-roaming through the streets in 3D.
  7. Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - The entire Hitman series is based on stealth. A secret agent completing your missions, learning about yourself along the way. This game was the best in the series in my opinion. Sound improvements on the original game with much more challenging and enjoyable levels.
  8. FIFA 98 - Was one of the first 3D FIFA games to come out which paved the way for France '98. The ability to create your teams shirts made it all the more better. This game also included indoor Soccer which has not been included in the more recent game.
  9. Streets of Rage - Yes the SMS classic. This game would entertain me for hours on end. I still remember all the stages (in order): The shopping strip, the back streets, the beach, the bridge, the ship, the factory, the elevator, the boss's level.
  10. GTA: Vice City: I know that GTA 3 game out before this, but I played Vice City first, so it has a better ranking for me. It has a no b/s protagonist (Tommy Vercetti) who would make sure things get done his way or the highway. The graphics, while sandbox, were good for it's time (2002) and the 80s music was immaculate.

eagles4eva

First Grade
1. Age of Empire
2. Warcraft
3. Black
4. Civilization IV
5. Call of duty
6. GT4
7. Starcraft
8. Duke Nukem
9. Tomb Raider
10. Need for speed

Parra Pride

Referee
In order:
  1. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - N64
  2. Red Dead Redemption - PS3
  3. GoldenEye 007 - N64
  4. Pokemon Silver Version - Gameboy Colour
  5. The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker - Game Cuba
  6. Mass Effect 1/2 - Xbox 360
  7. Bajon Kazooie/ Banjo Tooie - N64
  8. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - N64
  9. Duke Nukem 3D - PC
  10. Conker's Bad Fur Day - N64

alenfort

Juniors
The Favorite Games of All Time

1. The Legend of Zelda
2. Baseball Stars
3. Grand Theft Auto 3
4. TIGER WOODS 2004
5. Mike Tyson's Punch Out
6. Hard Trucks 2
7. Chaos Rising
8. Ultimate Hunt Challenge
9. Stronghold
10.Gettysburg

Liam

Juniors
1. Baldurs Gate 2
2. Legend of Zelda Ocarina Of Time
3. Fallout 3
4. Baldurs Gate
5. Final Fantasy X
6. Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask
7. Halo 1
8. Call of Duty 4
9. Goldeneye N64
10. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

mongoose

Coach
I will do a top 5 console only

1. Goldeneye 64 (N64) - I don't think there will ever be a game that tops this one. It was mind blowing when it came out in 97. The 4 player multiplayer was the coolest thing ever in the history of gaming. Me and my mates even made a TV divider so we couldnt look at each others screen.

2. GTA 4 (PS3)

3. Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)

4. Donkey Kong Country (SNES)

5. Halo 2 (Xbox)

Tommy Smith

Referee
1. Metal Gear Solid
2. Resident Evil
3. Street Fighter
4. Doom
5. Twisted Metal: World Tour
6. Sonic the Hedgehog
7. Super Mario Brothers
8. Mortal Kombat
9. Zelda (the original Nintendo version)
10. FIFA 98

Yeah im old school...havent really played a game in about 6-7 years so abit outdated! But classics like Twisted Metal and Doom deserve a mention.

Tommy Smith

Referee
  1. GTA 4 - I know it's fairly recent, but the graphics, gameplay and all-round specs of the game were so damn realistic, that they alone get it to #1 for me.
  2. GTA SA - Another fairly recent game. It had an awesome storyline and the setting of South Central, San Francisco and Vegas (all with different names of course) and rural country towns in between were all very impressive.
  3. Alex Kidd in Miracle World - one of the first SMS games I played. Had enjoyable gameplay and for a game made in 1986, had fairly good graphics. Loved the music of each stage, especially when on the motor bike and swimming in the water.
  4. Sonic 2 - Another SMS game. It was a big improvement on Sonic 1 and seemed a lot richer.
  5. Juiced - the original game of the series had a very impressive debut, and matched the NFS series during its reign. It took car racing to a whole new level for me with, and was inspired by the F&F film series. Loved the in-game music too.
  6. Urban Chaos - Not a well-known game, but a game that allowed the player to roam the gritty streets of union city (loosely based on New York) as a rookie police officer at the turn of the millennium. This was one of the very first games I played which allowed me to drive a car free-roaming through the streets in 3D.
  7. Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - The entire Hitman series is based on stealth. A secret agent completing your missions, learning about yourself along the way. This game was the best in the series in my opinion. Sound improvements on the original game with much more challenging and enjoyable levels.
  8. FIFA 98 - Was one of the first 3D FIFA games to come out which paved the way for France '98. The ability to create your teams shirts made it all the more better. This game also included indoor Soccer which has not been included in the more recent game.
  9. Streets of Rage - Yes the SMS classic. This game would entertain me for hours on end. I still remember all the stages (in order): The shopping strip, the back streets, the beach, the bridge, the ship, the factory, the elevator, the boss's level.
  10. GTA: Vice City: I know that GTA 3 game out before this, but I played Vice City first, so it has a better ranking for me. It has a no b/s protagonist (Tommy Vercetti) who would make sure things get done his way or the highway. The graphics, while sandbox, were good for it's time (2002) and the 80s music was immaculate.
Yes!! Streets of Rage II (i believe on the Sega Megadrive) was an absolute classic and an 11/10 for gameplay if it were possible.

DeBroncos

Juniors
1. Portal 2
2. Portal 2
3. Portal 2
4. Portal 2
5. Portal 2
6. Portal 2
7. Portal 2
8. Portal 2
9. Portal 2
10. Portal - 1 - (Still Alive)