What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Top 10 rugby league administrators worldwide

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
I will never understand the love for Ken Arthurson...

Sure, he oversaw a boom in the game, but was his final legacy was the Super League War.

Not only that, once the war was over he then left a power vacume that the Sydney clubs filled. This was honestly the WORST result from SL and basically the opposite of what everyone had wanted before 1995.

deluded pom?

Coach
Hard to knock what he did with Wigan. 8 Challenge Cup wins in a row is positively St George-ian 1956-66.
All done with money. A full time team playng part time opponents. They spent that much money that once Salford beat them to end their Challenge Cup run they had to sell Central Park. Once the rest of the league became full time, when SL began, things changed and their dominance ended.

Pommy

Coach
All done with money. A full time team playng part time opponents. They spent that much money that once Salford beat them to end their Challenge Cup run they had to sell Central Park. Once the rest of the league became full time, when SL began, things changed and their dominance ended.

Wasn’t st George’s dominance’s financed by a league’s club that nobody else could match?

deluded pom?

Coach
English RL was flying late 1980s/early 1990s when it occurred. Hardly going sideways or backwards.
We still couldn’t beat Australia and struggled to beat the Kiwis. The game in England was skint in the late 80s/early 90s because too many clubs were trying to keep up with Wigan. Why do you think they snapped Rupert’s hand off when he offered them big money?

deluded pom?

Coach
Bee's dick between Aus and GB in 1990 and 1992. Not sure how other clubs failing to compete with Wigan was Lindsay's fault as an administrator?
How do you think, with the exception of Leicester, soccer clubs win the EPL? Money, money and a bit more money. It's not clever administration. Give me enough money and I could have won twenty Challenge Cups on the trot.

Latest posts