What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Top 10 underrated players in the NRL

Kasper

Bench
1.Campion
2.Morrison
3.Priddis
4.Gower
5.Nutley
6.Mcwilliams
7.Campbell
8.Whaturia
9.Gulavauo
10.Talau

No particular order.

Anonymous

Juniors
Lance Hohaia - Warriors

I find this a very unusual claim, considering he got showered with praise last year, got picked for the Kiwis, and did absolutely nothing to deserve it.

Also, how can anyone call Galuvao underrated? He is a journeyman who wasn't even worth a single game for the Warriors in 2000 or 2001, he plays a season or so of good footy and suddenly everyone is raving about him- how could he be underrated?

Mad Dogg

Juniors
1. Kevin Campion
2. Danny Nutley
3. Mick De Vere
4. Luke Priddis
5. Glen Morrison
6. Josh Hannay
7. Corey Parker
8. Braith Anasta (simply because of the amount of people who think he is over-rated)
9. Chris Sheppard
10. Leigh McWilliams

brook

First Grade
Tigerpete said:
I feel that while Darren Seter gets a mention not much gets said about his teamate Mark O'Neill, who is a workhorse in defense and attack and is a VERY underrated player.

I will agree with this - every team needs a Mark O'Neill and he has been in fantastic form all year and gets virtually no credit for it

at the moment though i've gotta say matt orford should top the list - the form halfback of the year barr none and he's getting no credit for it

Master Vitaly

Juniors
In no particular order..

PJ Marsh
Jason Croker
Matt Orford
Kevin Campion
Richard Swain
Brent Webb
Reuben Wiki
Sione Faumuina
Justin Smith

aqua_duck

Coach
Ron Jeremy said:
Here's mine

1. Richard swain.......he does play for his Country but in my opinion he & Wing are the best in the NRL by along way
I guess you haven't seen much of him this year.

Paullyboy

Coach
Joel Monaghan, Mark Mclinden and Jason Croker.

Its no fluke the raiders are going as well as they are this year, and these blokes (along with shiffa's, woolford and the mighty Wiki in particular) are playing as well as or better than any other blokes in the game in their position.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Why do people keep picking Mick De Vere? He did nothing in Origin. Every year he is touted as an Origin certainty. How does THAt make him underated?

My Underrated side:

1 Clinton Schifcofske. The best defensive fullback in the last decade,and a damn fine goal kicker.
2. Nathan Blacklock. His try scoring records speak for themselves.
3. Paul Bowman - a class act for many years for the Cowpats
4. Jamie Lyon - no one really gives this guy credit for how good he is.
5 Scott Donald - a revelation at an average club this year.
6. Matt Geyer - see Scott Donald
7. Brett Kimmorley - because somany people bag him. Joey aside, he's been conistently the best halfback in the last decade. Agree Orford is a good call, though.
8. Danny Nutley. High workrate.
9. John Morris - he's been a superman at Parramatta this year.
10. Matt Parsons - always making the hard yards
11. Glenn Morrison - see John Morris (re Cowpats, not Eels)
12. Nathan Hindmarsh - see Jamie Lyon - consistently the best forward in the NRL in the last 3 years.
13. Kevin Campion. The Warriors have missed him big time.

Faranah

Juniors
i would definately have Craig gower in there somewhere along with Matt orford, Jamie lyon and Daniel abraham

keeney

First Grade
in no particular order
danny nutley
daniel abraham
jamie lyon
todd payten
mark mclinden
matt orford
matt cooper
pj marsh
brett firman