What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Top 17 you least expected to see in 2012

K-Man

Bench
Well, with major injury concerns, some surprise mid-season purchases, disappointing form from some and a few beating down Wayne's door in reserves... we could see a first grade named soon that is a long way from anything imagined back in January.

What's an 'unusual' line-up you feel might actually be realistic this year (probably at Origin time or by the finals)?

My team for around about Origin III time:

1. Kev Naiqama
2. McManus
3. Tahu
4. Wes Naiqama
5. Pete Mata'utia
6. Albert Kelly
7. Roberts
8. Willie Mason
9. Hilder
10. Costigan
11. McKinnon
12. Taia
13. Houston

14. Filipo / Will Smith
15. Tetevano
16. Korbin Sims
17. Tuimavave / Fa'aoso / Cuthbertson / Rochow

Boyd, Uate, Mullen, Gidley, Buderus, Snowden excluded for Origin/injury.

How many injuries before Ethan Cook at five-eighth?

K-Man

Bench
I'd say Snowden is a definite no if he couldn't even make Country

I agree that he won't be picked, but I don't think you can call it a definite given the history of players being chosen from outside the City-Country game.

I can't think of examples off the top of my head, but I'm pretty sure there are quite a few.

And two months is a long time in rugby league, if NSW lose the first two games (hopefully!) then I would imagine a long list of front rowers would be in the mix for game III.

Joker's Wild

Coach
I'd say Snowden is a definite no if he couldn't even make Country

Young, Scott and King didnt play CvC last year but made the NSW game 1 team

K-Man said:
And two months is a long time in rugby league, if NSW lose the first two games (hopefully!) then I would imagine a long list of front rowers would be in the mix for game III.

Filthy Qlder

stimpy

Juniors
from what ive seen in nsw cup this year i think Michael Mate would be better than likiliki or mata-utai in 1st grade. Pity he doesnt have a 1st grade contract though.

Latest posts