What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Top 3 / Biggest Stinker Movies of 2018

Wizardman

First Grade
With the last lot of movies released this week before 2019, now is an appropriate time to review the best and worst of 2018. I think it has been a pretty decent year overall. Before I mention my list, I will note that I never saw the Oscar winner (The Shape of Water) or "Three Billboards". Here we go.

1. A Star Is Born : Something about this movie really clicked with me.The performances by the two leads (Cooper in particular) was amazing. An Oscar certainty for best actor for me. Brad Cooper is a very decent singer too. I went into it with low expectations and cried a couple of times. The best of 2018.

2. Sicario 2: This will appear in no critics top ten but I loved it. Not as good as the original but Del Toro is such a star.

3. Bad Times at the El Royale: A real shame that nobody saw this gem of a movie. A story told very much in a "Pulp Fiction" way. Very entertaining movie that for some reason got no attention at all. Bridges, Hemsworth and the singer were brilliant.

Honourable mentions: Den of Thieves (very good despite Gerard Butler...lol) and A Quiet Place (great tension)

Stinker

The Nun: I had high expectation for this movie as soon as it was announced. I read a lot of bad reviews so my expectations dimmed. Considering the quality of the series, I thought it could not have been awful. Well, I was wrong. Boring, crap storytelling. Only movie this year where I was very tempted to leave early.

Last Week

Bench
Man, I watched The Predator 2018 last night. f**k me. What a piece of shit movie that was.

The franchise was salvageable. Not now. It's just been killed and raped repeatedly after that steaming pile of shit was witnessed.

Wizardman

First Grade
Man, I watched The Predator 2018 last night. f**k me. What a piece of shit movie that was.

The franchise was salvageable. Not now. It's just been killed and raped repeatedly after that steaming pile of shit was witnessed.
I never got to see it and am not in a rush to either...lol

Wizardman

First Grade
I still have not seen Alien v Predator 2 either....the series is pretty much dead to me until I read that a spin off gets good reviews.

bileduct

Coach
Yeah, The Predator could be one of the worst films of all time. It was a parody of the Predator franchise, not a sequel.

Zoidberg

First Grade
I’ve probably only seen about 15 Movies that were released this year but here is my top 5
1. Avengers Infinity War
2. A star is born
3. Deadpool 2
4. First man
5. Mission impossible : Fallout

bileduct

Coach
Top films:

The Ballad of Buster Scruggs
Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
Deadpool 2

Worst films:

Everything by Disney
The Predator
Ready Player One

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Surely The Last Jedi wins this???

Most overhyped, most overrated and most disappointing movie of 2018. It broke a fandom FFS!!

Last edited:

roofromoz

First Grade
I'm reading some horrible things about Holmes and Watson. I'm keen to see it but is it truly that bad?

Canard

Immortal
I’ve probably only seen about 15 Movies that were released this year but here is my top 5
1. Avengers Infinity War
2. A star is born
3. Deadpool 2
4. First man
5. Mission impossible : Fallout

I can't stand Cruise in general, and haven't seen the latest MI, but I really enjoyed everyone since MI:3. Just great popcorn escapism.

axl rose

Bench
I can't stand Cruise in general, and haven't seen the latest MI, but I really enjoyed everyone since MI:3. Just great popcorn escapism.

Can't see you being disappointed in Fallout. I enjoy the behind the scenes stunts just as much though as Cruise is batshit crazy with a death wish. I think, much like Mel Gibson, something just 'snapped' a long time ago and its making for some pretty epic MI films.

Last edited:

mongoose

Coach
MI: Fallout was so f**king good. Tom Cruise is legend in my books considering he does most of his own stunts.

But my favorite film of the year was Upgrade. Didn't get much attention but great action movie with a really cool premise. A Quiet Place was good too.

Agree that Black Panther was pretty overrated. Just a very typical marvel film that got lots of hype because most of the cast were black.

I didn't like Bad times at El Royal, trying to be Tarantino except nothing much happened in it...

Latest posts