What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Top 3 grounds in Oz

Perth Red

Post Whore
What do people think are the best? Based on ease to get to, atmosphere, facilities and viewing I would say:

1. Lang Park
2. Telstra Dome (roof closed and stands forward)
3. SFS

I don't rate Telstra stadium due to its souless location and lack of atmosphere if less than 50,000 in it.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
top 3 RL grounds:

Suncorp
Aussie
Parramatta

top 3 overall grounds:

Suncorp
SCG
MCG.

Also special mention Central Coast Stadium.

Red Bear

Referee
As far as rugby league goes.

Aussie stadium is awesome, has a great atmosphere, especially in roosters v dragons games on Anzac day, and not a bad seat in the house.
North Sydney oval is a lovely ground, fond memories of it.

Win stadium through shear number of games ive been to there.

All up over Australia of ground i've been to.

Aussie - league
SCG - cricket
North Sydney Oval - for anything

c_eagle

Juniors
Telstra Stadium isn't in the top 20.

Suncorp is magnificent. The SFS is the best all seater ground in NSW. Leichardt is the best of the old school.

I doubt the MCG would be any good for league, though I have been there for cricket and it was pretty swell.

North Sydney has too many bad viewing angles. Parra Stadium has an awful atmosphere (which is generally the case with add on stands) and the position of the big screen is ridiculous. You have to get up and walk behind the signage to see a video ref decision in one of the stands.

Central Coast stadium is good without being great, the same goes for Newcastle. Bruce is meh, it seemed to fit in with the weather, cold and uninspiring.

Brookvale holds a special place for Manly fans, I'd rather go there than any other ground.

1. Suncorp
2. SFS
3. Leichardt

tbone10

Juniors
GoTheBears said:
As far as rugby league goes.

Aussie stadium is awesome, has a great atmosphere, especially in roosters v dragons games on Anzac day, and not a bad seat in the house.
North Sydney oval is a lovely ground, fond memories of it.

Win stadium through shear number of games ive been to there.

All up over Australia of ground i've been to.

Aussie - league
SCG - cricket
Telstra - AFL

Aussie is awesome.....

except when you get the front row at a semi final. Then you have to compete with friggin cameramen and friggin signage

But Brookie will always be no. 1

simostorm

Bench
Havnt been to suncorp so I dont know,
but out of the rest telstra dome is easy the best IMO when the seats
are moved in and the roof closed like saturday night.
1.docklands
2.MCG
3.telstra stadium

Navjot

Juniors
Leichhhardt for atmosphere
Telstra for ease in/out but to far away from action for mine
Suncorp for ammenities(so ive been told) 1st class.

Latest posts