What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Top 3 grounds in Oz

OVP

Coach
I miss the old Sports Ground the Roosters used to play at *sigh*

So i'll say

1. Leichhardt
2. Brookvale
3. Any other stadium with a Hill.

No Hill = BORING !! ;-)

macavity

Referee
EAS - best atmosphere, close to worst facilities.

suncorp - best stadium by far, broncos fans only cheer when they are winning though....

Focal Point

Juniors
1. Parramatta Stadium
2. Aussie Stadium
3. Suncorp

Special mentions to Penrith (CUA) Stadium and Leichardt Oval. Their facilities obviously can't compete with the above menitoned, but the atmosphere, when both grounds are full, is second to none.

simon says

First Grade
OVP said:
I miss the old Sports Ground the Roosters used to play at *sigh*

So i'll say

1. Leichhardt
2. Brookvale
3. Any other stadium with a Hill.

No Hill = BORING !! ;-)

Well bloody said......the atmosphere on a crowded hill is the best you can get.

LO is by far the best,but a sunny day at OKI,Brookie or even Henson will do me just fine.

Sunday,on the hill,beer in hand watching the footy.......it doesnt get any better IMO.

miccle

Bench
Out of the non-Brisbane grounds, I've only been to Gold Coast, Gosford, Shark Park, SFS, Telstra and Parra Stadium... so I'm naming my top three from the ones that I have actually been to.

1. Suncorp
2. SFS
3. Parra Stadium (really enjoyed my trip there, rate it as a great stadium for view and atmosphere)

Can't wait to get to Oki and Brookvale for the first time over the next season or two, would also love to visit Canberra for an away match soon.

Focal Point

Juniors
Schillaci said:
Do they still play recorded chants over the PA at Parramatta stadium? great atmosphere indeed.

They used to do that at the old Lang Park during the Bronco's earlier seasons

seajay23

Juniors
can't comment about interstate
1. Brookie - on a sunny Sunday
2. WIN - at night
3. Leichhardt - with a stop-off at the pub on the way home.
All great atmosphere when full with friendly fans.
I notice no-one likes Cronulla, for some reason the design of the hill is terrible, can't see the game properly, i think the bank needs re-sloping, anyone esle notice this.
Telstra is awful, Suncorp looks awesome. SFS good but a bit hollow even with 30,000 in, needs to be a sell-out.

miccle

Bench
Also HAVE to mention my 2 favourite 'local league' Qld Cup grounds:

Langlands Park (Easts Tigers)
Clive Berghofer Stadium (Toowoomba Clydesdales)

Both grounds are awesome places to spend an afternoon with mates. Good facilities, cheap food and drinks, AWESOME steak burgers and an all-round good experience.

Red Bear

Referee
seajay23 said:
can't comment about interstate
1. Brookie - on a sunny Sunday
2. WIN - at night
3. Leichhardt - with a stop-off at the pub on the way home.
All great atmosphere when full with friendly fans.
I notice no-one likes Cronulla, for some reason the design of the hill is terrible, can't see the game properly, i think the bank needs re-sloping, anyone esle notice this.
Telstra is awful, Suncorp looks awesome. SFS good but a bit hollow even with 30,000 in, needs to be a sell-out.
You reckon? For me out of the concrete ground Aussie is great cos it really does create a good atmosphere, its so freaking loud and passionate when im there, i friggen love the ground.

lol

Telstra, however, has no atmospher even with sell out.

tbone10

Juniors
mattyg said:
:lol:

Brookvale is the biggest hole out of all the stadiums used in the NRL. Can't stand the place

funny how your the only person to say that. Telstra is the biggest friggin hole mate

effnic

Bench
mattyg said:
:lol:

Brookvale is the biggest hole out of all the stadiums used in the NRL. Can't stand the place
All i am seeing on this thread is how bad telstra is, i would hate telstra as my home ground since its shared by half the nrl. And you also have to live with the fact Terry Hill scored the first ever try there:lol: . And btw dont like our ground f**k off and dont come you wouldnt know what good atmosphere is if it hit you in the face. And i wont start on the surface of telstra :roll: .

Latest posts