What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Top 3 grounds in Oz

Due to supporting Manly, I won't include Brookvale Oval into my top 3.

My top 3 (not including Brookie) would include:

1. Suncorp Stadium
2. Energy Australia Stadium (Manly vs Newie always full house)
3. Aussie Stadium when packed

mattyg

Bench
effnic said:
All i am seeing on this thread is how bad telstra is, i would hate telstra as my home ground since its shared by half the nrl. And you also have to live with the fact Terry Hill scored the first ever try there:lol: . And btw dont like our ground f**k off and dont come you wouldnt know what good atmosphere is if it hit you in the face. And i wont start on the surface of telstra :roll: .

Good atmosphere, maybe but the facilities at Brookvale are third world. Deadset rd 25 this year i had to walk half way around the stadium to go to the toilet, not to mention being locked in one side of the field to let the players run out..it was disgraceful. I couldn't imagine that place if they needed a quick evacuation.

I didn't say anything about Telstra did i?? And your giving me a spray about Telstra Std?? A-Grade Goose you are Effie. ;-)

effnic

Bench
mattyg said:
Good atmosphere, maybe but the facilities at Brookvale are third world. Deadset rd 25 this year i had to walk half way around the stadium to go to the toilet, not to mention being locked in one side of the field to let the players run out..it was disgraceful. I couldn't imagine that place if they needed a quick evacuation.

I didn't say anything about Telstra did i?? And your giving me a spray about Telstra Std?? A-Grade Goose you are Effie. ;-)
Because you cant because you know its a sh*thole.

The Preacher

First Grade
mattyg said:

You've had your quick evacuation there Matty, you may have walked halfway around the ground, but evacuate you did !!
Being able to go back a few years and remembering what facilities used to be like at ALL grounds, I tend not to worry too much about anything other than my view of the footy, and Brooky on a Sunday afternoon (with a trip to the pub after) is a great place to be to watch footy. :alcho:

Leichardt oval is the best by far,you still got the hill there and its a great veiw up on that hill to watch the game.
Canberra stadium is good to watch the game to with aerodynamic design
parramatta stadium is also a good place to watch a game

from what ive seen on tv for rugby league
1. Suncorp
2. Telstra Dome
=3. Newcastle & Parramatta

for all sporting events nothing beats the MCG

les norton

First Grade
Suncorp is the best for me..

I have never had a bad seat and I have had some that would be a shocker in another stadium.

The Colonel

Immortal
1. Suncorp
2. SFS
=3. Parramatta Stadium/Marathon

The smaller grounds

1. Leichhardt
2. Brookvale
3. Kogarah

The biggest problem for the three above is parking plain and simple.

ozzie

Bench
GoTheBears said:
As far as rugby league goes.

Aussie stadium is awesome, has a great atmosphere, especially in roosters v dragons games on Anzac day, and not a bad seat in the house.
North Sydney oval is a lovely ground, fond memories of it.

Win stadium through shear number of games ive been to there.

All up over Australia of ground i've been to.

Aussie - league
SCG - cricket
North Sydney Oval - for anything
Suncorp
Aussie(home of he Roosters)
SCG Rocks as a cricket gound

ozzie

Bench
mattyg said:
:lol:

Brookvale is the biggest hole out of all the stadiums used in the NRL. Can't stand the place
not quite a hole but it certainly doesn't rate as a good ground.

Latest posts