What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Top 3 is not a tough ask!

niall

Juniors
realistically its a simple equation!

we win against the dragons next week

the storm beat the bulldogs

and the cowboys beat the knights

by the end of rd 24 we'll be sitting in 4th place

then... we beat the broncos in rd 25

and the bulldogs beat the cowboys

by the end of the regular season we finish 3RD! and with results going as you would expect, we should be prepared for a home semi against the doggies! :)

BUT if the cowboys are to beat the bulldogs in the last round then we finish in 4th place behind the cowboys and take on the boys from across the tasman at parra stadium

realistically i think we should end up 3rd becasue i can see th bulldogs beating the cowboys in that last round but even if they dont its still a top 4 finish for our boys as long as we win our remaining games!

any comments...

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
if we win our 2 remaining games, we will probably finish 3rd, 4th at worst, due to the fact dogs play cowboys in round 25 and hopefully melbourne beat the dogs, and the way the dogs have been playing i don't think they are on fire, and melb should beat them

sportsmad

Juniors
mate per the ladder predictor we'll come 4th, and play the Tiges. :cool:
but first things first....must beat the dragons, and unless we can control the footy a bit better for all of the game we'll be in deep poo

eels_fan_01

Bench
Who cares about coming 3rd? Not much difference between 3rd and 4th expect bragging rights, home semi and hopefully two shots in the finals.

niall

Juniors
eels_fan_01 said:
Who cares about coming 3rd? Not much difference between 3rd and 4th expect bragging rights, home semi and hopefully two shots in the finals.

mate their is a difference in coming 3rd or 4th atm because i would rather be playing tigers or doggies than warriors! i dono bout you...

Stagger eel

Staff member
as far as I'm concerned we're still a chance of missing out on the 8 all together abd that's my BIGGEST concern.

jono

Juniors
eelavation said:
as far as I'm concerned we're still a chance of missing out on the 8 all together abd that's my BIGGEST concern.

And the glass is half-empty too!

Stagger eel

Staff member
jono said:
And the glass is half-empty too!

well it is a reality isn't it???

I've been around long enough to know that I don't celebrate anything until it happens and as long as there is a possibility of us missing out on the 8 all together, I'll never rest easy as a supporter.

let's just say that I'm more cautious than negative about it.

Suitman

Post Whore
eelavation said:
well it is a reality isn't it???

I've been around long enough to know that I don't celebrate anything until it happens and as long as there is a possibility of us missing out on the 8 all together, I'll never rest easy as a supporter.

let's just say that I'm more cautious than negative about it.

I think I remember someone trying to gauge interest for a trip to England and the World Club challenge before we'd made the semi's one year?? :lol: :lol:

Just joking mate. :lol:

Suity

Stagger eel

Staff member
Suitman said:
I think I remember someone trying to gauge interest for a trip to England and the World Club challenge before we'd made the semi's one year??

Just joking mate.

Suity

exactly...;-)

now do you see where my pesemistic nature comes from??

worst of all...I was scarred as a 7 year old watching the 77 GF and running around the house after Sulkawitz scored thinking that we've won even before Cronin attempted his goal. :lol:

the end result was evil :(

emjaycee

Coach
eelavation said:

Eela,
I think some of the weekends rounds has made this nigh on impossible unless the Bunnies can win at least 2 of their last 3 games and we shift points differential with them by at least 61 points. Also, if the bunnies beat the tigers (as one of the 2 they win) then the tigers will need to shift their points differential by 45 to catch us (depending on how much we lose by of course) and they only have one game to do that.

So all in all, I think a top 8 space is safe however place in the 3-8 is definitely open until the last game.

Going into kick-off against the Broncos we will know what needs to be done to get 3rd or 4th as Round 25 Friday and Saturday games will decide the final 8 teams.

CrazyEel

Bench
eelavation said:
worst of all...I was scarred as a 7 year old watching the 77 GF and running around the house after Sulkawitz scored thinking that we've won even before Cronin attempted his goal. :lol:
LOL, it's weird how things like that affect one. :lol:

Back in 63 I went to the SCG to watch Eels/St George in rnd 1 after we first got Rushworth & Hallas who were carving Saints the first 20 mins, after Willey kicked a goal to lead 2/0 I announced to all that would listen we had ithis game won. :oops:

Ended losing 51/2 and to this day I have never recovered, refuse to feel comfortable even with a 30 point lead unless there is only 5 mins left on the clock, it's sad :(

Stagger eel

Staff member
CrazyEel said:
LOL, it's weird how things like that affect one. :lol:

Back in 63 I went to the SCG to watch Eels/St George in rnd 1 after we first got Rushworth & Hallas who were carving Saints the first 20 mins, after Willey kicked a goal to lead 2/0 I announced to all that would listen we had ithis game won. :oops:

Ended losing 51/2 and to this day I have never recovered, refuse to feel comfortable even with a 30 point lead unless there is only 5 mins left on the clock, it's sad :(

you see what I mean??? ;-)

btw, 2 nil????? ...you goose..:lol:

Stagger eel

Staff member
emjaycee said:
Eela,
I think some of the weekends rounds has made this nigh on impossible unless the Bunnies can win at least 2 of their last 3 games and we shift points differential with them by at least 61 points. Also, if the bunnies beat the tigers (as one of the 2 they win) then the tigers will need to shift their points differential by 45 to catch us (depending on how much we lose by of course) and they only have one game to do that.

So all in all, I think a top 8 space is safe however place in the 3-8 is definitely open until the last game.

Going into kick-off against the Broncos we will know what needs to be done to get 3rd or 4th as Round 25 Friday and Saturday games will decide the final 8 teams.

thanks emjay...haven't bothered with differentials but I'll take your word for it and I'll rest easy. ;-)

emjaycee

Coach
Belly in Brisvegas said:
I reckon we'll Top 8 and am still confident of a Fri/Sat night showing at Parra Stadium.

I reckon we are in this competition up the eye teeth :D :D

sooperdooper

First Grade
all ifs and butts...
we lost to many games and have been inconsistant. I am a lil disappointed about some of our efforts this year and thought with a new coach it would change...
We need to really stand up and we still have not done that. Against the storm was the time, but yet again we didnt...

Latest posts