What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Top 5 Favourite albums

astrogirl

First Grade
Godz Illa said:
Samwise said:
astrogirl said:
Since I Left You, the Avalanches: Again, a bit different to the standard pop type stuff I tend to go for. I like listening to this one when I'm driving.

Awesome album. Are these guys still together, haven't heard anything from them since.

That was a superb album. Word is they are currently working on the follow-up.They have lost one member, Dexter Fabay, which is a big loss - he's considered one of the best DJ's in the world.
Are they?! That's sensational news :D

Quint

Juniors
ThrashViking said:
Schooner Of New said:
Kings Of Metal - ManOwaR
Other bands play ManOwaR kill :music1:
I remember reading a couple of articles a long time ago.
One told of Manowar playing in a venue and they were so loud that the venue's ceillings and walls developed stress fractures caused by the loudness of their music and the place had to be demolished as it was unsafe to host anymore shows there! That Rocks :twisted:
And the other was and article descibing how Manowars music had been measured for it's decibel level,I can't remember the exact measurement but I do remember it's description was that Manowar's decibel level is equal to that if not louder than a Concord taking off!!!!!!
Does it get much better than that!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :twisted: :twisted: :!: :!:

Quint

Juniors
Ok now you've got me pulling out my old CD's and after a couple :) of beers ;-)
can I add
OverKill - Horrorscope

half

Coach
yeah the avalanches album is sploogematic. i was praising it the other day as the best australian album ever

Evilgrowler

First Grade
So many to choose from and so few choices.

Double Live Gonzo - Ted Nugent.

The Eagle Has Landed - Saxon.

Defenders Of The Faith - Judas Priest.

Live After Death - Iron Maiden.

Marching Out - Yngwie Malmsteen.

ThrashViking

Juniors
The Eagle has landed :-k good choice, I love the last song they play on it 'Machine Gun' a brilliant live albulm IMO.
Schooner Of New- heh, I wouldnt be suprised if it was a press release by Manowar themselves. This is the same band that claimed to be the undisputed loudest band on the earth. Muchos hails to you for the Overkill cd, a damn good thrash albulm \m/ I prefer The Years of decay personally.

Quint

Juniors
The Years of decay
That Rocked.....god it was a long time ago....was it 'who tends the fire'?....ah the memories,I'll have to get that album as I only had it on tape years ago and it is now long lost :(

Shaolin Priest

Juniors
1. Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking - Roger Waters with Eric Clapton on guitar.
2. Wish you were here - Pink Floyd
3. Throwing Copper - Live
4. These Crowded Streets - Dave Matthews Band
5. Aenima - Tool

Skinner

Coach
Difficult, but in no particular order :

Madman Across The Water - Elton John
East - Cold Chisel
Yellow Brick Road - Elton John
The Fine Art Of Surfacing - The Boomtown Rats
Sgt Peppers - The Beatles

100's more but it's bloody hard

Skinner

"Blonde On Blonde" - Bob Dylan. When the Beatles heard the acetate of this one, they threw their hands in the air and conceeded that they'd never be able to match it. Almost 40 years later and it's still the high watermark of rock n roll.

"Marquee Moon" - Television. The greatest guitar album of all time; impossibly beautiful and complex solos from messrs Verlaine and Lloyd, compliment Verlaine's surrealist lyrics.

"Velvet Underground and Nico" - What the hell? There is no other album that even sounds remotely like this one. Lou Reed and John Cale could never hope to match this one.

"Horses" - Patti Smith. What is it about debut albums? "Jesus died for somebody's sins / but not mine." Has their ever been a more devestating opening line? Punk poet Patti has never made a bad album, but it's doubtful she'll ever top this one.

"Highway 61 Revisited" - Bob Dylan. "Like a Rolling Stone" and "Desolation Row" are two of the most masterful songs ever committed to vinyl. The rest of the songs on this album are merely magnificent.

Other albums to just miss the cut: "Tapestry" - Carol King; "Rust Never Sleeps" - Neil Young. "Blank Generation" - Richard Hell; "Blue" - Joni Mitchell; "Never Mind The Bullocks" - Sex Pistols; "Kind of Blue" - Miles Davis; "Coltrane" - John Coltrane; "Astral Weeks" - Van Morrison.

hrundi99

First Grade
Renowned League Expert said:
"Blonde On Blonde" - Bob Dylan. When the Beatles heard the acetate of this one, they threw their hands in the air and conceeded that they'd never be able to match it. Almost 40 years later and it's still the high watermark of rock n roll.

"Marquee Moon" - Television. The greatest guitar album of all time; impossibly beautiful and complex solos from messrs Verlaine and Lloyd, compliment Verlaine's surrealist lyrics.

"Highway 61 Revisited" - Bob Dylan. "Like a Rolling Stone" and "Desolation Row" are two of the most masterful songs ever committed to vinyl. The rest of the songs on this album are merely magnificent.

"Kind of Blue" - Miles Davis;
"Coltrane" - John Coltrane;
"Astral Weeks" - Van Morrison.

Good stuff...

Latest posts