What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Top 5 players you wished never left your side?

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
1. Anthony Mundine (the 1st time)
2. Anthony Mundine (the 2nd time)
3. Nathan Blacklock (the 1st time)
4. Nathan Blacklock (the 2nd time)
5. Mark Gasnier (the 1st time)
6. Mark Gasnier (the 2nd time)

Seriously though

1. Gordon Tallis
2. Michael OConnor
3. Craig Fitzgibbon
4. Noel Goldthorpe
5. Steve Morris

The serious ones, but replace Goldthorpe with Jeremy Smith. I did love the Gold man though.

LESStar58

Referee
1. Toleman
2. Crocker
3. Jeremy Smith
4. Dallas Johnson

Can't really complain about some of the players we managed to retain, Bromwich, Hinchcliffe, Vave etc though!

Lambretta

First Grade
1. Craig Wing
2. Adrian Morley
3. Justin Hodges
4. Ben Hannant
5. Michael Crocker

To be honest there were loads of others - we've been tops at losing great players since the early 2000's.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Hannant is a girls blowse. Homesick baby. Hodgo is a turd who, along with Chris Walker, cost us the 2004 GF. I would have paid for his ticket back to Brisbane. As for Wing, a Roosters great no doubt; but the day he rocked up at that press conference wearing a Rabbitohs jersey whilst still contracted to the Roosters...well after that i would have paid a flight for him to Mogadishu - one way.

1. Adrian Morley
2. Luke Phillips
3. Simon Bonetti
4. Brett Mullins
5. Peter Cusack

WarriorDefence

Juniors
Ali lautiti
Joe vagana
Nigel vagana
Brent Tate
Inu

Paul brothers were our biggest loss but we traded Henry off to wigan for Andy platt before he even played a game and Robbie followed

Ulysseus

Bench
Soward

loljkz

Considering it was his boot that drove home the nails in the pouring rain from the touchline in 2010 and Carney lost his shit under pressure failing to land a goal or a decent positional kick - yeah I can understand why you'd want him back.

I am interested to know - was it surreal seeing a player you guys let go undo you on the biggest stage of all?
Was there disbelief at what was going on or just a nagging sickness from about the 41st minute onwards?

some11

Referee
From the last 5 years:

1. Hunt (09)
2. Hannant (08)
3. Kemp (08)
4. Folau (10)
5. Gagai (12)

Monk

Referee
1: Adrian Morely
2: Brett Mullins
3: Simon Bonetti
4: Joel Monaghan
5: Matt Sing

Monas is kind of the odd one out there but I was a huge fan of the bloke before his brain explosion.

fowlster

Juniors
Considering it was his boot that drove home the nails in the pouring rain from the touchline in 2010 and Carney lost his shit under pressure failing to land a goal or a decent positional kick - yeah I can understand why you'd want him back.

I am interested to know - was it surreal seeing a player you guys let go undo you on the biggest stage of all?
Was there disbelief at what was going on or just a nagging sickness from about the 41st minute onwards?

Soward ... meh

Morris was out

Bench
WestsTigers-Prince,Gibbs,Hodgson,Laffranchi,Richards
For the Wests Magpies there was plenty usually every year but here goes-Raudonikis,Brown,Dorahy,Boyd,O'Grady,and those 5 players were poached in the 1979 off season,and after losing 4 internationals and a very handy player,we still made the top 5(3rd) in 1980.

Last edited:

Latest posts