What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Top 8 this year

groggo

Juniors
lol isnt it amasing eels fans burning jerseys and screaming for the coaches blood 2004

maybe this topic needs to moved to the fight club

Mzilikazi

Juniors
eelavation said:
Mzilikazi said:
I look at it this way:

If you assign 6 points (the equivalent of a try) for a premiership and subtract 1 point for every wooden spoon, the current score is

Manly 36
Parramatta 4

That's fairly comprehensive.

:lol: :lol:

why! don't we subtract 30 points for every year you weren't in the comp between 47 and 05

wouldn't the score be Parra 4
Manly - 36

I base it on the Northern Eagles being one of the worst business decisions in the history of the league and equivellant to subtracting 30 points!! ayear that Manly weren't in the comp. :p
Ahem..........

And Manly are where?
And Norths are where?

hmmmmmmmmmm.

I think that's worth 6 points for each year that we survived as a bastard joint venture, foisted on us by unscrupulous media moguls wanting the North Shore to sign up their Super 12 product, and coming out the other end intact.

Manly 54-4. Does that scoreline sound familiar?

mickyj

Bench
Lets look at it an othjer way.

Both sides have spent some time as the top side in the comp.

Manly 72 to 78 = 4 premeirships
Parra 82 to 86 = 3 premierhsips

So 1stly when we were the best we got more.

Also since then we have won in 87 and 96.

Whehn have parra won without Sterling, Kenney, Ella, Grothe, Cronin and Price?

NEVER!

We have won twice as many times with 3 complete different teams.

Mzilikazi

Juniors
Basically, if you take 6 years out of Parramatta's 58 year history and they'd be a joke bigger than the Sharks. 52 years of absolute dross! There's little to cheer pre 1981 and post 1986. That's not something to boast about.

(It's a similar scenario if you take 11 years out of St George's 80+ years. 4 premierships in 70 odd years. :lol: AND they're a joint venture :roll: )

Stagger eel

Staff member
Mzilikazi said:
Basically, if you take 6 years out of Parramatta's 58 year history and they'd be a joke bigger than the Sharks. 52 years of absolute dross! There's little to cheer pre 1981 and post 1986. That's not something to boast about.

(It's a similar scenario if you take 11 years out of St George's 80+ years. 4 premierships in 70 odd years. :lol: AND they're a joint venture :roll: )

your a great artist Mzilikazi!!

I wish I can drawer as good a long Bow as you can?? :lol:

just like saying why don't we take away the 6 premierships off Manly [including the ones that were handed to you in a silver referee platter 76 and 78] and then blah! blah! blah!

it means Jack!!..fact is you haven't made the playoffs since 98 and your club nearly went broke and it merged!

don't think we've ever been that close to deaths door ;-)

Briza

Juniors
The point of the matter is, that Manly have NEVER received the wooden spoon - Parramatta have had it 20 times over the same period in the National Competition.

The Colonel

Immortal
Briza said:
The point of the matter is, that Manly have NEVER received the wooden spoon - Parramatta have had it 20 times over the same period in the National Competition.

Small technicality - the NSWRL wasn't a National competition until the Broncos were admitted. The 20 spoons were before then. ;-)

Not wanting to get into the argument cos its like handbags at 20 paces in here :lol: :lol:

Belly and Eeela could come up with better stuff surely.

Stagger eel

Staff member
The Colonel said:
Briza said:

Small technicality - the NSWRL wasn't a National competition until the Broncos were admitted. The 20 spoons were before then. ;-)

Not wanting to get into the argument cos its like handbags at 20 paces in here :lol: :lol:

oh! we were just waiting for you "captain courageous!! :roll:

The Colonel

Immortal
eelavation said:
The Colonel said:
Briza said:

oh! we were just waiting for you "captain courageous!! :roll:

Better than being Hellchick's biatch..... :lol:

chileman

Coach
:lol: Last week I was warning Manly supporters to ease off on each other.....nothing like some opposition supporters to come in and try their mickey mouse routine to see Manly supporters bind together to fight for truth and justice the peninsular way :mrgreen: :lol:

The Colonel

Immortal
Belly in Brisvegas said:
The Colonel said:

You're supposed to be fighting "them" Colonel....not "us"!!!

Once again...it is the off season...I am bored.....bring on the trials.

But the wit in here or lack thereof is really frightening Belly...... I'm just trying to boost you and Eela along. :D

Stagger eel

Staff member
chileman said:
:lol: Last week I was warning Manly supporters to ease off on each other.....nothing like some opposition supporters to come in and try their mickey mouse routine to see Manly supporters bind together to fight for truth and justice the peninsular way :mrgreen: :lol:

did I ever mention the fact that I aprove and visit www.alternateagles.com ?? :lol: :lol:

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
eelavation said:
chileman said:

did I ever mention the fact that I aprove and visit www.alternateagles.com ?? :lol: :lol:

AE :arrow:

fish

Juniors
Some would say there is a fair conga line at AE with you somewhere near the front........Or is that different. Conga lines exist at all web forums some have many.