What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Top 8

Cryptic

Juniors
Well we are currently out of the top 8 but only just... We are equal points and -5 for/against which is only 10 below Newcastle who are still in the eight... I think as long as we keep playing even close to the level we are right now we are in for a shot... Defence needs to tighten up a lot over this weeks effort but I think they were all just too keen to score points and I guess that did work :)

The other bonus is that this is the first time for a LONG time, maybe even this century, that we are hitting form at the tail end of the season... We have had a habbit of starting strong then fading away at the end but if we can keep this up it is certainly the way to do it... Made even more impressive by the number of injuries we have and how fantastically we are going now that we have the form interupting byes out of the way...

Brimmer

Juniors
Every chance we should make the 8.

We've got a couple of tough games coming up. Storm, Roosters, Titans and the Broncs at home are going to be tough games.

The bonus is...we have more home games than away and the last 3 rounds is cowboys, bulldogs and souths (not in that order). So things are starting to look up!

If our forwards turn up to play we've been dominating the outside backs. Justin Carney is a freak.

shear_joy9

Coach
Next Monday's game against the Sharks will give a good indication of Canberra's finals chances.

The games against Brisbane and Canterbury were very poor opposition, but it certainly helps the teams confidence and mentality.

I can't wait for it!

Mr. Snrub

Juniors
I'm really looking forward to the game against the sharks. Usually i'm always a bit worried about going to games, because this whole season we've been playing great one week then crappy the next. I have a good feeling about the rest of the season and it's the first time I've had this feeling since 2003

Walt Flanigan

Referee
The last 2 wins have well and truely got our season back on track so yeah I think it's acheivable. It's been a fantastic effort from the boys over the last 2 rounds after our season looked all but over.

Bay56

First Grade
I'd like to think we've turned the corner but on so many occassions I've seen this optimism shot down in flames by the reality of the next game.

The last two wins have been against injury depleted sides ... albeit so are we but the calibre of player we are losing compared with the Broncs and Dogs do not have the same significances in terms of the result.

Call me a pessimist ... the end of the season will tell all.

Chachi

Bench
Anything is possible.

Including getting beaten by 20 unfortunately.

Hopefully without that dirty grub Gallen we can get on top of their pack. That's obviously where it will be won and lost. Need a big crowd to get stuck into the ref when they start putting all that wrestling bullsh*t on in the ruck. Bloody Ricky Stuart and his dirty cheating niggling teams.

SOULS 04

Juniors
The sharks is a must win game tbh. They are not known for scoring points but their defence is great. we won't be dominating like we have the last 2 weeks.

home wins are so important now if we wanna make the 8 and following this we have 2 away trips to storm (i think this one is probably beyond us) and the dragons which i reckon we can get. so if we can do 2/3 in the next 3 weeks we are looking the goods and should be in decent form for the end of season assault.

Cryptic

Juniors
The sharks is a must win game tbh. They are not known for scoring points but their defence is great. we won't be dominating like we have the last 2 weeks.

home wins are so important now if we wanna make the 8 and following this we have 2 away trips to storm (i think this one is probably beyond us) and the dragons which i reckon we can get. so if we can do 2/3 in the next 3 weeks we are looking the goods and should be in decent form for the end of season assault.

The Storm game would be winnable next weekend :p I wonder who the Eels had to get overly friendly with to score that one... Would be nice for us to get a top level team the week before origin for a change... Although the weekend after is almost as good...

green eyed mike

Juniors
Anything is possible.

Including getting beaten by 20 unfortunately.

Hopefully without that dirty grub Gallen we can get on top of their pack. That's obviously where it will be won and lost. Need a big crowd to get stuck into the ref when they start putting all that wrestling bullsh*t on in the ruck. Bloody Ricky Stuart and his dirty cheating niggling teams.

This will definitely be won or lost up the middle. The Sharks are very disciplined in defence and have great line speed. Unless we can counter this with some barnstorming runs up the middle we will look as ordinary as the Eels did on Sunday.

Given how quick they come up Carney should probably keep his eyes open for 40/20 chances as well as opportunities to chip and chase around mid field. We need to keep them guessing.

Hopefully we can blow them off the park because I don't like our chances in a gritty scrap.

legend

Coach
I think we cna beat them out wide and without Bird and Gallen, they are weakened. If we don't win this then we have no place being in the finals.

green eyed mike

Juniors
I think we cna beat them out wide and without Bird and Gallen, they are weakened. If we don't win this then we have no place being in the finals.

I agree that out wide is where the damage will be done but you need to win up the middle to be dangerous on the edges. Look how dangerous the Eels weren't after being dominated in the centre.

legend

Coach
We can dominate in the middle if we can maintain the up tempo game we are currently playing. My biggest concern is the forwards passing two wide on a hit up. It never works and invariably we drop the ball.

My other concern is ball security by Weyman, Thompson and Tilse. If we can hold the ball and complete our sets, we can win this game and win well.

Bay56

First Grade
I'd be happy with just scoring more points than the team we are playing ... if we can consistently do that we're certainties for the 8 imo

I think this weeks game will give us a fair idea of how we are travelling towards making the 8.

Realistically we really need to win most if not all of our home games. I also think the way the team is going, we can and will jag a couple of away wins here and there. We seem to have more confidence these days, if we can harness that 08 is our oyster.

That is until we play away from home all final series ><

Cryptic

Juniors
What annoys me about the "away game thing" is that it might not be such an issue if the media would STFU about it... Even the years we won a few away games in a row they STILL went on about our "away games curse" and once we lose a game or two away, which will always happen, I think it just gets into the players minds a bit :S