What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Top 8

still be a good game though.

should be a good crowd. monday night seems to be good for the raiders. they are winning, going for 3 in a row.the masons will be coming down i guess. sharks fans will be venturing within the capital.im taking 2 other sharks fans to support the troops (well. 1 and a fence sitting ex steeler)

Chachi

Bench
This will definitely be won or lost up the middle. The Sharks are very disciplined in defence and have great line speed. Unless we can counter this with some barnstorming runs up the middle we will look as ordinary as the Eels did on Sunday.

Given how quick they come up Carney should probably keep his eyes open for 40/20 chances as well as opportunities to chip and chase around mid field. We need to keep them guessing.

Hopefully we can blow them off the park because I don't like our chances in a gritty scrap.
Yep. Disciplined and aggressive play from Weyman, Thurling and Tilse will be the decider IMO.

Timbo

Staff member
Carney's fitness and our 3/4 line will be a factor.

I'm praying Kelly drops out, Carney goes to the centres, Milne to wing and Dugan to fullback.

legend

Coach
I'd go with Tongue to five eighth and Campese to the centres with Picker to lock and Miller into the starting side. Anything is better than playing Brett Kelly.

green eyed mike

Juniors
I thought the couple of games Kelly played in the centres last year were his best for the club. He is also playing for a contract so couldn't have more motivation. I think we will be pleasantly surprised on Monday.

That said wouldn't have minded seeing Thompson or Dugan get a run at all.

Evergreen

Juniors
I'd go with Tongue to five eighth and Campese to the centres with Picker to lock and Miller into the starting side. Anything is better than playing Brett Kelly.

You'd make all of those changes to a winning side just to get rid of Kelly?

He's playing in his preferred position, and I'm happy to leave him there if it means minimising the disruption to the team.

Bay56

First Grade
Carney's fitness and our 3/4 line will be a factor.

I'm praying Kelly drops out, Carney goes to the centres, Milne to wing and Dugan to fullback.

Note sure about this Dugan thing ... havent jumped on the supporters bandwagon yet ... yep he's done some great things in TYC but not sure about his frame for FG (tall lanky FB)

matt

Juniors
Note sure about this Dugan thing ... havent jumped on the supporters bandwagon yet ... yep he's done some great things in TYC but not sure about his frame for FG (tall lanky FB)

the mullet was no brute bernard.

nickraider

Juniors
You'd make all of those changes to a winning side just to get rid of Kelly?

He's playing in his preferred position, and I'm happy to leave him there if it means minimising the disruption to the team.

Agree mate. Kelly in the centres is a different proposition altogether than when he plays on the wing. He's no 'Monas' but I reckon he'll go okay in the centres. Against his old club too. Hope he's primed for a big one.

Cryptic

Juniors
Well after all the games on the weekend we only have to beat the Sharks by 6 or more to make the 8 (for this week at least).... We are -5 PD and the Eels are 0 exactly...

Bay56

First Grade
Well after all the games on the weekend we only have to beat the Sharks by 6 or more to make the 8 (for this week at least).... We are -5 PD and the Eels are 0 exactly...

I was thinking a similar thing this morn when reading the papers.

Geez I hate it when there is something riding on a victory ... it's a hurdle we often trip over.

I was thinking a similar thing this morn when reading the papers.

Geez I hate it when there is something riding on a victory ... it's a hurdle we often trip over.

In the last couple of years we've stumbled at these sort of hurdles even more when we've been favourites on Footy TAB and with the tipsters. Let's hope the corner's been turned and we clear the hurdle.

Cryptic

Juniors
Well top 8 is looking less likely if we can't win games at home against teams we really should have beaten... Even with the sh*t reffing, injuries, etc... On the plus side I don't think anyone can wrestle that wooden spoon away from the Cowboys...

we got some good calls, but you had it all to play for.

came up wanting in the forwards to be honest. we wanted it more and deserved to win.

Cryptic

Juniors
we got some good calls, but you had it all to play for.

came up wanting in the forwards to be honest. we wanted it more and deserved to win.

There is a difference between wanting it more and running out of players...

Oh and on another note, and I know we have covered it before, but f**k the reporters at www.nrl.com... They are yet again going on about how "impressive" the "come back" (since when was 12 points down after 14 minutes worth of a "come back"?) was considering they were down TWO, repeat TWO of their best players...

Frailty

First Grade
There is a difference between wanting it more and running out of players...

Oh and on another note, and I know we have covered it before, but f**k the reporters at www.nrl.com... They are yet again going on about how "impressive" the "come back" (since when was 12 points down after 14 minutes worth of a "come back"?) was considering they were down TWO, repeat TWO of their best players...

Well I can name at 3 key players so please change that to THREE, repeat THREE of our best players.

Cryptic

Juniors
Oh FFS... f**k off to your own forum... The point is that, even with your "massive" three missing, we are missing a sh*tLOAD more and that never appears to make a meantion in the Sydney media... Hell the Bulldogs only lost to us because of all their players out yet they only topped out injury count by one...