What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Top chokes of all time?

Big Pete

Referee
Round 14 2011

Both teams were understrength but Brisbane a little worse for wear minus their Origin stars and a few others missing through injury.

It was a fantastic performance for 60 minutes for the Broncos, but then they fell asleep and young Josh Papalii really came to the fore. Guy was only 19 at the time but shrugged off a bunch of would be defenders to bag a double and before the Broncos knew it, it was all locked up at 24 a piece.

Of course Wallace kicked a field goal to save the day but that effort really spoiled what should have been a nice afternoon for the Bronx.

The crazy this is, a similar occurance nearly happened the next year in Round 5 when they took on the Dragons at Suncorp. Brisbane raced in 24 points, had a nice lead at HT only for the Dragons to peg them back to 24-20. In the end, an ab-lid play from Gillett secured the win, but it was another evening that was far too close for comfort.

I'll raise another one for the Broncos.

Round 9 2009.

Brisbane vs Manly

Brisbane lead 16-0 and were doing it pretty easy on JWH's debut. Then Jamie Lyon came into the contest, absolutely gave his opposite Steve Michaels a bath and essentially won the game on his own accord for the Sea Eagles.

Of course on the losing end I was filthy with the officials but Lyon's remarkable performance couldn't be denied.

isaiah

Bench
Broncos vs dogs 2006 pf a personal favourite.

Can't believe Ashton Sims effort for Broncos vs storm hasn't got a mention

broncs v dogs. gotta love it. heard a story that willie mason was bragging going up the tunnel at ht and it got under the skin of some broncs players. idiot. i've said here before, i thought brisbane were the better side ALL game that day, just needed a break to turn the momentum on the scoreboard.

Billythekid

First Grade
We didn't deserve to be in that 08 GF. Leading up to the final our form was average and we basically limped into the GF. We lost to the warriors, barely beat the broncos and frankly wouldn't have made the final if we had come up against anyone but the awful sharks.

That plus you have to factor in losing our best player and captain in Cameron Smith. It didn't help that Manly were absolutely fantastic that day.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Bringing it up i'd say the Roosters against us last week. Up 12-0 against a team that hasn't achieved anything in the last 43 years to lose considerably was pretty bad. Especially being the Minor Premiers and Premiers from the year previous. Just a thought though.

ram raid

Bench
That night when Reynolds kicked the goal to win against Brisbane. Grabbed to misses' dong and ravaged my throat imagining it was him.