What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Top Squad for next year

sharks8601

Juniors
maybe its not about affording them inferno
its what and who ricky wants. maybe he thought karl whould be in the centres for 09

sharks8601

Juniors
stapo tackled well last saturday. some of his kicks for touch were shocking though. he made kimmorley look like johns

cb4

First Grade
is it confirmed we cant afford both misi and cov, or are we stalling to try and get something better???

samshark

Juniors
Exactly, the ball is in Ricky's hands. He has waited to see how Covell and Misi play, or if someone else steps up or becomes available. They have both said they want to stay so if Ricky wants them they will likely stay. I dont think its about money.

cjs1822

Juniors
I honestly think that next year could be our year providing we fill in our jokes of outside backs.

honestly do you think that this is a premiership winning backline?

Kearney
Covell
Pomeroy
Simmo
Misi

even if our halves and forwards are great in the end its gonna be the outside backs that score most of the tries.

cjs1822

Juniors
so that means that our first team would look like this (providing misi and cov leave)

1.kearney
2.stapleton
3.pomeroy
4.bukuya
5.filiga
6.barrett
7.seymour
8.ross
9.hughes/kinga
10.douglas
11.toupou
12.gallen
13.bird

sharks8601

Juniors
karl is not a winger
only pom and kearney are good back who would get starts at other clubs. the rest whouldnt. id like to see stapo and bukuya or even maybe orcher but his best pos is fullback and kearney is a better fullback at the moment

cb4

First Grade
chuck orcher on a wing then
give him a roming pass
if he is a flyer then a wing spot could be a good option

Champ

Juniors
Sharks

Dustin Cooper
Luke Covell
Adam Peek
Jacob Selmes
Brett Seymour
Paul Stephenson
Misi Taulapapa
Danny Nutley

Whats doing with these guys next year? Who have they signed with?

Inferno

Coach
Seymour has re-signed for 2 years, Selmes has 1 year to go on his contract and Nutley is definitely retiring, moving to the Sunny coast and becoming a fireman.

No idea what's happening with the rest though. I'd venture Cooper, Steppa, Covell and Misi will be let go, and Peek will probably be kept.

Seu Seu is another who is with us at the moment and hasn't been signed yet.

Swainy87

Juniors
Seymour has re-signed for 2 years, Selmes has 1 year to go on his contract and Nutley is definitely retiring, moving to the Sunny coast and becoming a fireman.

No idea what's happening with the rest though. I'd venture Cooper, Steppa, Covell and Misi will be let go, and Peek will probably be kept.

Seu Seu is another who is with us at the moment and hasn't been signed yet.

Peeks said earlier in the year he was going to retire.

Inferno

Coach
Really?

I don't remember hearing that :S

Makese sense though as I heard we've been linked with a prop, and I wondered why we were still buying forwards.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
First you say

I honestly think that next year could be our year providing we fill in our jokes of outside backs.

honestly do you think that this is a premiership winning backline?

Kearney
Covell
Pomeroy
Simmo
Misi

even if our halves and forwards are great in the end its gonna be the outside backs that score most of the tries.

Then you say

cjs1822 said:
1.kearney
2.stapleton
3.pomeroy
4.bukuya
5.filiga
Do YOU think your choice is a premiership winning backline. 2,3 & 4 have the grand total of 3 NRL games experience so far.

Go with that backline we'll be lapped every week.

spider

Coach
frenzy said:
cjs1822 said:
1.kearney
2.stapleton
3.pomeroy
4.bukuya
5.filiga

Do YOU think your choice is a premiership winning backline. 2,3 & 4 have the grand total of 3 NRL games experience so far.
what was in your coffee this morning captain?

Stalefish

Juniors
Orcher is still a good year away from playing first grade.

The next wingman to debut will be Luke Hume.