What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Top Squad for next year

Master Baiter

Juniors
Actually you might be onto something Ima.

I was scratching my head about who we could buy if we offloaded Ross, and you've come up with the answer. Matt King!

I think he would be a perfect fit for us as well. Big, fast and can hit a hole, which seems to be the way our attack is moving towards with already 1 big centre in the Pom, and 3 fringe attacking backrowers in Tupou, Gall and Bird.

In a perfect world it would be nice to have 1 creative centre in the mould of Gaz or Hodges, but they are becoming as rare as hens teeth.

i think it was in last weeks sunday tele inferno in rickys article about banning players for 2 years if they switch to a rival code in which he mentions he knows for sure that matt king wants to come home, not trying to get anyones hopes up but maybe he has been contacted by his manager about a possible return. coin would be an issue but im sure they could work something out with staggered payments and the like going on these days. i think it would be great to have a player of that quality at our club in the backline. any chance do you think?

stupidhumour

Juniors
i think it was in last weeks sunday tele inferno in rickys article about banning players for 2 years if they switch to a rival code in which he mentions he knows for sure that matt king wants to come home, not trying to get anyones hopes up but maybe he has been contacted by his manager about a possible return. coin would be an issue but im sure they could work something out with staggered payments and the like going on these days. i think it would be great to have a player of that quality at our club in the backline. any chance do you think?

The sad part is we HAD that player of that quality at the club....

stupidhumour

Juniors
I don't know the full story.... What I though happened was that he never got past reserve grade here and moved to Melbourne and became a rubbishman.... I wouldn't think he improved that much in 2 years or so of playing local league down there??

Master Baiter

Juniors
chris anderson is what happened to him, didnt rate him and i think it was about the same time he was playing his son on the wing for us

cb4

First Grade
2 things
1- your counting on cov not being here
2- fraser on the wing??

Weaponhead

Coach
I don't think that the Anderson that Master is referring to Fraser.

He is anticpanting the long awaited, triumphant return of Jarrad Anderson to grace the touchline at Toyota next year. Glory days........

Master Baiter

Juniors
frasers played plenty of wing for us before and he was good, he would be even better now. as much as i want the cov to be here next year i dont think he will be unfortunately, it just depends on other signings. williams will be playing off the bench at least for the start of next year so that means fraser will have to move into the backline, whether it be centre or wing

cb4

First Grade
yeh but our starting back row of tupou bird n gal....
do we need 2 2nd rowers on the bench???
maybe fraser to centres with simmo on a wing.... and re-sign the cov

Inferno

Coach
Doubtful, unless Hughes goes the full 80.

And it would be a waste anyway IMO. Both are toilers rather than impact players. I am sure 1 will be moving to the centres, likely ando.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Ricky does not do 80 min hookers.

Ricky loves two backrowers on the bench.

f**k knows why.

Simmons actually had a decent game last week.