What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Top three wins of all time - Your Club

Snappy Tom

Juniors
Misty Bee said:
Can't understand how the hell a cub game or a semi final can ever top a grand final win.

Therefrore:

1) Parramatta 4 def Canterbury 2, 1986 Grand Final. Best Grand Final ever played.

2) Parramatta 20 def Newtown 11. 1981 Grand Final. Maiden Premiership. Burned down Cumberland in the best GF celebration ever.

3) Parramatta 21 def Manly 8. 1982 Grand Final. Home grown Eels flog Manly's bought Test pack and shut the bloody silvertales up for good. (Should have burned down Belmore that night!)

I will go with number 1 on your list. Last games for Mick Cronin and Ray Price.

What a game, parramatta beat one of the all time best teams of all time IMO.

Another game which I remember well was Brett Kenny's last game. It was against the now premier league Balmain Tigers at Parramatta Stadium. Brett Kenny killed Balmain and showed he still had the talent which I remembered during the 80's. It will forever remain in my memories. :D

Other GF wins rate up there as well.

RABK

Referee
1) Parramatta 4 def Canterbury 2, 1986 Grand Final. Best Grand Final ever played.

I think 89, ARL 97 and 03 have claims to this.

2) Parramatta 20 def Newtown 11. 1981 Grand Final. Maiden Premiership. Burned down Cumberland in the best GF celebration ever.

You were obviously not in Newie the week after the 97 GF.

ByRd

First Grade
Alright, other clubs besides newcastle can celebrate a premiership, you should of seen Belmore last year.

ByRd

First Grade
Yes they can, belmore last year was freakin crazy.

My top 3 wins are:

3- Bulldogs/Broncos (2002, rnd 26, dogs win 25-18), we has just been stripped of our points but in true bulldog spirit we came out & defeated the broncos in a emotional game. Also when we all ran onto the field & carried the players off was a great moment.

2- Bulldogs/Roosters (2004 grand final), was not the best game but coming from 13-6 down at half time & keeping the chooks scorless was agreat feeling. Also andrew ryans tackle was a brilliant moment & this premiership was building for a while & it was a great feeling, especially being at the ground.

1- Bulldogs/Eels (1998 prelim final), greatest comeback in the history of the game. Wasnt the biggest but in the situation, being down 18-2 with 10mins to go, was an awsome feeling defeating our arch rivals the eels in a great final.

Phillips

Referee
dog4life said:
1- Bulldogs/Eels (1998 prelim final), greatest comeback in the history of the game. Wasnt the biggest but in the situation, being down 18-2 with 10mins to go, was an awsome feeling defeating our arch rivals the eels in a great final.

CARIGE YOU f**kING IDIOT ](*,)

:(