What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TORONTO pull the plug on 2020

Perth Red

Post Whore
Neill's not happy lol

Hull Kingston Rovers chairman Neil Hudgell says Toronto Wolfpack’s withdrawal from Super League less than two weeks before the season restart is “inexcusable”.
The Robins boss says Toronto’s recruitment of Sonny Bill Williams - at a reported cost greater than Rovers’ entire squad - highlights an ill-advised approach that would always leave the Wolfpack vulnerable.
Hudgell said: “I think the timing of this is absolutely diabolical. To drop this on the competition 12 days ahead of the season relaunch is inexcusable.
“Their statement this week is at odds with some of the answers supplied in that meeting. A meeting David Argyle did not take part in. Instead all his talking has been done through the media.

“Loan players were offered at donor club expense to them to complete a season with no jeopardy. The visa issue strikes me as a convenient smokescreen. Only last week the Wolfpack were categorical on being questioned that they did not need financial support.”

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/hull-kr-chairman-slams-toronto-22396702

Perth Red

Post Whore
Literally what I’ve been asking you to do this entire thread.
I don’t imagine foreign nationals can just set up shell companies and then get visas for foreigners as easy as you think.

this article states they have a different situation due to not being a British club. Which is inline with everything else I’ve read and heard, you are the only person saying different and either can’t or refuse to post a link to back your claim up.
https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5650283

Fair enough, being an English registered company I wouldnt have thought it was any different.

deluded pom?

Coach
Neill's not happy lol

Hull Kingston Rovers chairman Neil Hudgell says Toronto Wolfpack’s withdrawal from Super League less than two weeks before the season restart is “inexcusable”.
The Robins boss says Toronto’s recruitment of Sonny Bill Williams - at a reported cost greater than Rovers’ entire squad - highlights an ill-advised approach that would always leave the Wolfpack vulnerable.
Hudgell said: “I think the timing of this is absolutely diabolical. To drop this on the competition 12 days ahead of the season relaunch is inexcusable.
“Their statement this week is at odds with some of the answers supplied in that meeting. A meeting David Argyle did not take part in. Instead all his talking has been done through the media.

“Loan players were offered at donor club expense to them to complete a season with no jeopardy. The visa issue strikes me as a convenient smokescreen. Only last week the Wolfpack were categorical on being questioned that they did not need financial support.”

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/hull-kr-chairman-slams-toronto-22396702
So what Neil says is gospel now is it? Another one I wouldn’t trust as far as I could throw him. He should stick to running his pub with Pearson.

Pommy

Coach
No but then again I'm not convinced they are spending full amount of cap on 22 numpties lol. That is a very very thin squad.

Seemingly they had to pay overs in the early days to get players to commit to the club and in some cases stepping down the leagues. I don’t know how accomodation works for the guys and their families but you’re potentially having players having to rent two properties for different times of the year. I know Ashton Sims had his family in Canada whilst they were there, that’s an additional cost that players will need to be compensated for.

deluded pom?

Coach
Neill's not happy lol

“In my opinion - and I am an expansionist, albeit only based on solid foundations in the heartlands“ Quote of the day there from Neil. I thought he was supposed to be an educated man?

Perth Red

Post Whore
“In my opinion - and I am an expansionist, albeit only based on solid foundations in the heartlands“ Quote of the day there from Neil. I thought he was supposed to be an educated man?

I think you are misreading it, he is saying that he is all for expansion but it should be based on solid heartland foundations, No point in expanding if your bread and butter is crumbling. No different to here where they are bringing in Brisbane2 rather than properly expanding the game,

Pommy

Coach
I think you are misreading it, he is saying that he is all for expansion but it should be based on solid heartland foundations, No point in expanding if your bread and butter is crumbling. No different to here where they are bringing in Brisbane2 rather than properly expanding the game,

Do we know any Australian mining magnates who are willing to pump millions in to a team in Bradford or Cumbria?

deluded pom?

Coach
So who decides what is a solid heartlands? I’ve been watching the game over fifty years and I’ve never known it.

deluded pom?

Coach
Nobody but Hudgell has mentioned the possibility of TWP being loaned players to see the season out. I wonder why that is?

Pommy

Coach
Nobody but Hudgell has mentioned the possibility of TWP being loaned players to see the season out. I wonder why that is?

to be fair I think the Wolfpack CEO or David Argyle did but they knew it would be a case of Super league teams just passing out their cast offs/reserve grade players. Can you imagine Warriors agreeing to finish the season with a roster made up of Mounties and Norths players? Me neither, getting flogged week in week out isn’t a good look for current/future corporate support. Only people with an agenda to keep their wanky teams in the SL can’t understand the pandemic has trashed the entire year of 2020 and whilst disappointing Toronto’s withdrawal isn’t the end of the world.

deluded pom?

Coach
Only people with an agenda to keep their wanky teams in the SL can’t understand the pandemic has trashed the entire year of 2020 and whilst disappointing Toronto’s withdrawal isn’t the end of the world.
There aren’t people like that are there?