What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Totally ! UNACCEPTABLE ! ! !

bornadragon

Juniors
Gentlemen, that performance was totally unacceptable for all concerned. Nathan Brown cannot coach! He has had plenty of opportunity to prove this fact wrong, but getting bitch slapped on our own turf is for me the last straw.

I want him to resign. All of this is for the greater cause... SAINT GEORGE ! Man up and fall on your sword Nathan, you cannot call yourself the first grade coach of the SAINT GEORGE Dragons.

Peter Doust, you just re-signed him to a 3 year contract, then you too, MUST GO. The quality names that wear the SAINT GEORGE colours, deserve better, after all we are talking about SAINT GEORGE, Remember?

Trent Barrett... make up your mind NOW, Stay now, or leave, NOW. Stop dicken us around. I do love your skills, but for the greater cause (SAINT GEORGE), make up your mind... NOW, not when you think fit... NOW.

Mark Gasiner... Who the F*^K you think you are, Your not your uncles son, that's for sure. I don't doubt for football skill, you, like Barrett have proven them, but you are only a cog in the SAINT GEORGE machine and you too, you want to leave, leave now, not again when you think fit... This is US, which gets me back to coaching. You got your reputation out in the centres, punching holes in all sorts of defensive line... Five eighth, this shows me what goes on in Nathan Browns Head. Do you guys think for one minute that Wayne Bennett, or Tim Sheens would decisions like that, inhance, not hinder.

Since 79 our LAST WIN, we've seen the birth of Brisbane, Newcaslte, Canberra and the like, all of which have had multiple winning championship seasons. Even Parramatta had their empire run meanwhile over at SAINT GEORGE we continue to trip over our boot laces. I heard Luke Bailey say "If we don't get to the grand final it woulld be a failure" get there?, boys, you've got to win the bloody thing other wise it's a faliure.

Another thing management, who decision was it to let Bailey go! (Don't give me that salery cap crap) I could think of a few other that are less worthy of wearing the Red and White than him.

I read the press "Browns babies" more like "Browns Cows"

One last thing, (for now)... The way the Lance Thompson debarkle was run was totally unprofessional. Maybe he was a hot head, but that man blead Red and White for the SAINT GEORGE cause and that was OK by me. We are 5 weeks into the season, since the pre-season Charity Shield and the multiple loss I've beard witness to not much at all, again a whole off season and that's all you guys can come up with. The board must act, for the SAINT GEORGE cause, NOW or they can die on their swords too.

26 years of continuous mistakes is more than THIS FAN can take...enough!

Father Ted

First Grade
bornadragon said:
Gentlemen, that performance was totally unacceptable for all concerned. Nathan Brown cannot coach! He has had plenty of opportunity to prove this fact wrong, but getting bitch slapped on our own turf is for me the last straw.

I want him to resign. All of this is for the greater cause... SAINT GEORGE ! Man up and fall on your sword Nathan, you cannot call yourself the first grade coach of the SAINT GEORGE Dragons.

Peter Doust, you just re-signed him to a 3 year contract, then you too, MUST GO. The quality names that wear the SAINT GEORGE colours, deserve better, after all we are talking about SAINT GEORGE, Remember?

Trent Barrett... make up your mind NOW, Stay now, or leave, NOW. Stop dicken us around. I do love your skills, but for the greater cause (SAINT GEORGE), make up your mind... NOW, not when you think fit... NOW.

Mark Gasiner... Who the F*^K you think you are, Your not your uncles son, that's for sure. I don't doubt for football skill, you, like Barrett have proven them, but you are only a cog in the SAINT GEORGE machine and you too, you want to leave, leave now, not again when you think fit... This is US, which gets me back to coaching. You got your reputation out in the centres, punching holes in all sorts of defensive line... Five eighth, this shows me what goes on in Nathan Browns Head. Do you guys think for one minute that Wayne Bennett, or Tim Sheens would decisions like that, inhance, not hinder.

Since 79 our LAST WIN, we've seen the birth of Brisbane, Newcaslte, Canberra and the like, all of which have had multiple winning championship seasons. Even Parramatta had their empire run meanwhile over at SAINT GEORGE we continue to trip over our boot laces. I heard Luke Bailey say "If we don't get to the grand final it woulld be a failure" get there?, boys, you've got to win the bloody thing other wise it's a faliure.

Another thing management, who decision was it to let Bailey go! (Don't give me that salery cap crap) I could think of a few other that are less worthy of wearing the Red and White than him.

One last thing, (for now)... The way the Lance Thompson debarkle was run was totally unprofessional. Maybe he was a hot head, but that man blead Red and White for the SAINT GEORGE cause and that was OK by me. We are 5 weeks into the season, since the pre-season Charity Shield and the multiple loss I've beard witness to not much at all, again a whole off season and that's all you guys can come up with. The board must act, for the SAINT GEORGE cause, NOW or they can die on their swords too.

Well did you vote for R2k at the last board elections ?

petetheileet

First Grade
bornadragon said:

LOL how easily we forget...did u have this attitude last week? u must of had a bit of cash on this game to get so worked up about it every1 knows you cant play your best every week, we were in that game until their pass stuck on their chests and ours were over ran and the ball started bouncing slightly their way we let our guard down then and after 4 tries bening scored in 10 minutes its a little hard to keep your composure. Gasnier worked a charm last week at 5/8 and ur ready to slaughter him for a bad team effort???

Iv always had mixed feelings on Barret so i wont comment there. Peter Doust is part of a large group of people who make the decisions he is basically the media front man and others on the board have similar amounts of power to him. It is not fair to single out one person for what you think are errors.

Finally the Thompson issue is a very complicated one...very few people are properly informed of what actually happened and what sort of things were happening to him at the time of his departure, if you do not know the truth of the matter its best not to comment.

Being way too harsh...iv felt the pain along with every1 else here im sure most have us have been to the 4 loosing grand finals in some cases even 5...my advice is have a lil faith, stick it out and our turn will come.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Nice piece of venting bornadragon. Hope you didn't leave anything out. ;-)

God-King Dean

Immortal
LOL, me & my Dragons mate were talking about the game last night & he said " I bet you some dumbarse goes on the forum & says 'SACK BROWN' ".

Looks like he was right.

gregstar

Referee
i was initially quite cranky at giving away 50 odd points at a home game.

after a while i simmered down. we were steamrolled by a team in top form.
we are still in a better position than we were this time last season.

the only criticism i have of the game was gasnier continually running crossfield. it was annoying watching barrett do that before someone got in his ear & suggested he run straight to make room for centres, so i guess that same person should have a word in gas' shell-like about the same thing. 5/8's should NEVER run crossfield unless a) it's wet weather conditions & you're setting a player up to change the angle. or b) you like getting smashed & running your wingers over the sideline.

we looked a little disorganised early in attack but that probably doesn't give enough credit to the knights defence. hopefully this will be a good kick in the pants for the team who let the publicity go to their head after rolling the broncs.

Brown can't coach eh!!!! Who was that who had them premiership faves last season? Your players have to look hard at themselves but one hiding is not the end of the world. Joey is a genius and if you give him the chance he will cane you for it. St George will be back I am very sure and this could be the kick in the pants you need. Seriously though Barrett is unable to run a straight line. Get Jamie Lyon who is a top five eigth. Imagine how dumb arse the knights board are gonna look if hages wins his second title.

St Bondi

Juniors
Following this team has cost me a perfect round in my tipping comp again. U f(*&ing losers.

I feel better now. Maybe I can tip them again next week ... or maybe not.

bornadragon

Juniors
Tell me, say if Brown was on the market, Ok his a good quality dragon player from the past. But what other club would pick him up as a first grade coach. Do you think Canterbury, Parramatta do you think he'd get a gig at the Broncos, how about at Easts, no to all of the above, but we seem to be dishing out jobs for the boys. We haven't had a decent coach since David Waite and our management shafted him again in a poor unprofessional manner. We've been down this path before with Graig Young I love the man and his Saint George ways, but could he coach? No!

As for the Bronco's game, it was the only decient game they've played since the semi-finals last year, remember the off season is for improvement on last year form and skills. we've just going up the garden path.

Until Mr. Barrett decides wheather he is going to grant us with his presence, we're not going to be going forward. Even if Head played tomorrow, his skills are weeks away for quality first grade play.

No disrespect to Greenshields, but I glad Hornby is back at the back for us. I haven't seen a utility player like him since Steve Ella, who always came of the bench.

I hope in his weeks off, Ryles can learn discipline in all of his general play, it seems to me he's gone too much the other way. That's a job for Craig Young.

The prospect (or good rumour) that Jamie Lyons could join the side as a five-eighth or centre gives me a warm feeling.

To any Saint George player who wants to listen, Remember when you were a boy and you had dreams of playing First Grade well those dreams are here and their real... Make each and every day you wear the Saint George- Illawarra strip a memorable one. Head down work hard, and together more dreams can come true. You guys are in the Box seat, you wear the RED V MAKE your dreams of premiership glory real. That's what the NRL are selling this year.

Like last year, once it's gone you lose, you're eliminated, there's no going back to fix the problem - and for us this year is doubley important. There will be NO TOMORROW. It's all about the SAINT GEORGE CAUSE ! ! !

gregstar

Referee
i agree that losing waite was a big mistake for the club, but i cannot accept that brown is a poor coach. we have improved every year under his stewardship. to recover from last year's start & the consequent pressure he was under shows he has what it takes. we copped plenty of thrashings under david waite which didn't make him a bad coach did it?

6togo

Juniors
That was Newcastles best performance in 4 years. Any team in the competition would have been steam rolled by them last night.

Nugby

Juniors
St Bondi said:
Following this team has cost me a perfect round in my tipping comp again. U f(*&ing losers.

I feel better now. Maybe I can tip them again next week ... or maybe not.

Cost me the round, too, but then again, it was a pretty easy round to pick. At least we copped 6/7 because of our rose-tinted glasses.

The Preacher

First Grade
Drew-Sta said:
I wish I could score as often as Newcastle...

My Mrs. has been practicing her sliding and scrambling defence and it seems to be nullifying my up and in style these days. :D

Latest posts