What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tottenham Hotspur: "To Dare Is To Do" II

hellteam

First Grade
I hope we go full strength in the FA Cup tie. If we win the next round is against Colchester, so we have a massive chance to go through to the quarters.

One certainty this weekend... Defoe will score. Always the way.

Don't know if any of you guys spend much time on Spurs forums/reddit, I often read them (but not post), but I'm pretty sick of the flack Eriksen is copping lately. Constant calls for him to be dropped. I don't think these people can be watching the same game. Whenever he is playing we move the ball around fluently, he knows who to give it to and when. Every time we win the ball back, our players first option is to give it straight to Eriksen.

Lately Poch keeps taking him off around 70 min, and as soon as he goes off we lose our way massively and lose all control of the match. He's playing a different role to last year, Lamela is now the one getting forwards into goalscoring positions, but it doesn't make Eriksen any less important to the team.

We really also need to work on pulling it together after the other team has scored a late equaliser/go ahead goal. We lose all cohesion, and just completely go off the ball. This needs to be addressed - the good sides always lift after conceding.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Forums like Reddit are no different to this place and members wanting their league players dropped.

Some of those guys just watch the game through the bottom of a stubby.

Contrary to what you guys have posted I still think we are in a good place. If you check the stats against Leicester we murdered them in possession (63%) shots at goal and corners we almost doubled them, we won every where but where it counts and they were fortunate to score.

Since Eriksen moved to the edges to accommodate Lamela he has not been as good as he was playing centrally but I prefer Coco there. Same for Ali, he has moved to the left to replace Chadli yet when he played centrally with Dier in the deeper role he was amazing and had more room to move, dont like him on the left.

Carroll is the one I dont get, we desperately need Mason or Bentelab back or give Moose more time there. Carroll is a makeshift or fringe player for mine, not an EPL player. I'd put Ali back in the deep mid position, we were so much better imo.

hellteam

First Grade
Yeah agreed. CM's Dier and Alli (or Mason), with Eriksen/Dembele/Lamela in front. Alli scores a lot at CAM, but doesn't really play that well generally, I think we're better off with him deep too.

I've never rated Eriksen in the middle, he's not strong on the ball, doesn't have exceptional dribbling skills, and just gets nowhere near enough space. Very easy for teams to crowd him out. Maybe having someone like him works in internationals, or other leagues, but Dembele is much better for us in that tight space.

Carroll won't get any time when Dembele and Mason are both back I reckon. He is decent at passing and moving the ball around but it's frustrating when he has a 50/50 with the other teams CM and you just know he's not strong enough to win it.

cb4

First Grade
Forums like Reddit are no different to this place and members wanting their league players dropped.

Some of those guys just watch the game through the bottom of a stubby.

Contrary to what you guys have posted I still think we are in a good place. If you check the stats against Leicester we murdered them in possession (63%) shots at goal and corners we almost doubled them, we won every where but where it counts and they were fortunate to score.

Since Eriksen moved to the edges to accommodate Lamela he has not been as good as he was playing centrally but I prefer Coco there. Same for Ali, he has moved to the left to replace Chadli yet when he played centrally with Dier in the deeper role he was amazing and had more room to move, dont like him on the left.

Carroll is the one I dont get, we desperately need Mason or Bentelab back or give Moose more time there. Carroll is a makeshift or fringe player for mine, not an EPL player. I'd put Ali back in the deep mid position, we were so much better imo.

Nice post but winning stats doesn't mean anything. I agree you will finish 4th but possession stats don't mean anything.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
25 shots to 4 on goal means alot imo (last nights stats V Sunderland)

at least this time it was reflected on the scoreboard and its f**king great to see Moose back in the starting line up

so, anyone dissing Eriksen today ??

Deacon

First Grade
25 shots to 4 on goal means alot imo (last nights stats V Sunderland)

at least this time it was reflected on the scoreboard and its f**king great to see Moose back in the starting line up

so, anyone dissing Eriksen today ??

:lol::lol::lol: @ Eriksen haters, at times we still looked a little to open for my liking. Im not looking to much into that result as Sundo are truly awful and will go down. Its all about the next couple of away fixtures

cb4

First Grade
You really laugh at people who bag Erikson? He is good but he is a dead set ghost in a big game.

Deacon

First Grade
Anyone else hearing about Wissam Ben Yedder coming? seems the perfect fit to back up/partner for Harry. The Toulouse president has said be will be leaving the club

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
More likely to be a Scouser or Marseille (he's only 5'7") from what I have heard, we may have shown interest but not a lot. Too far down the pecking order.

and this is great news

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/article4668777.ece

Our academy model is being copied by a few clubs and some are even trying to pinch our staff but McDonald is a huge asset and he aint going anywhere.

Last edited:

HayneKloppter

Juniors
you boys owe liverpool's transfer committee a beer, rodgers admitted we had delle ali agreed to terms except for the club unable to agree to the transfer fee.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
And the fact that he picked Spurs over Liverpool had nothing to do with it ?

We only paid a couple of mill for him, I read the article as well, it had little to do with the transfer fee

HayneKloppter

Juniors
And the fact that he picked Spurs over Liverpool had nothing to do with it ?

We only paid a couple of mill for him, I read the article as well, it had little to do with the transfer fee

More than an article, I linked the full interview in the liverpool thread...straight from the horses mouth

cb4

First Grade
He is actually right for once. The MK Dons manager personally drove Alli to Liverpool to meet with Rodgers.
Terms were agreed, but Liverpool haggled over the fee so his manager drove him home.

saint.nick

Coach
It's what I don't understand, we pay f**king 25 million for Lallana no question, empty our pockets for Firmino, but umm and ahhh over a couple of million for Alli.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
You guys seriously thought he wasn't worth 2 mill ?

I read the article but I didn't listen to the interview

Also I thought you guys wanted him last January whereas we agreed to loan him back to the Dons to help them gain promotion

hellteam

First Grade
I doubt he would be playing much at Liverpool anyway. Poch trusts young players more than any manager I've seen

cb4

First Grade
You guys seriously thought he wasn't worth 2 mill ?

I read the article but I didn't listen to the interview

Also I thought you guys wanted him last January whereas we agreed to loan him back to the Dons to help them gain promotion

We were loaning him back as well.

I doubt he would be playing much at Liverpool anyway. Poch trusts young players more than any manager I've seen

We have the second youngest squad in the prem, behind you guys.