What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tottenham Hotspur: "To Dare Is To Do"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridders

Coach
Isn't it in referece to a chant about Duncan Edwards. Remember reading it somewhere. Isn't the term Man U kind of an insulting as well, cause its part of the chant that has the term manure in it?

*Edit* I think i found it. Does it go something along the lines of "Duncan Edwards is manure, rotting in his grave, man you are manure- rotting in your grave"

Jason Maher

Immortal
Isn't it in referece to a chant about Duncan Edwards. Remember reading it somewhere. Isn't the term Man U kind of an insulting as well, cause its part of the chant that has the term manure in it?

*Edit* I think i found it. Does it go something along the lines of "Duncan Edwards is manure, rotting in his grave, man you are manure- rotting in your grave"

Correct. I believe it was bolton fans started it, then the Scousers picked it up. Not that United fans are cleanskins - they've taunted Liverpool fans enough about Hillsborough.

It is honestly the one thing I hate about English football - the way fans taunt each other about tragedies like Munich and Hillsborough. Fair enough, two teams like United and Liverpool hate each other and the fans taunt the sh*t out of each other. But having a go at another team because of players or fans who've died tragically is way beyond the pale in my book.

Having said that, I've always referred to United as Man U, it seemed like the obvious abbreviation, and the media use it all the time. I had no idea until recently about any connection to Munich, which I am sure is the same situation for most of the people who use the term. Similarly for rival fans who call us Manure, I'm sure they're just hanging sh*t, not having a go at Duncan Edwards. But I thought I would point the historical connection, because I know some United fans are very aware of it.

Anyway, time to return this thread to the Tottenham fans. :)

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
1 zip dull game win over the bottom team at home, but 3 points is 3 points

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
tough away goalless draw against the toffees

very happy to get a point considering our injury list and Palacios away due to his brother being kidnapped and murdered in Honduras

up to 8th for now

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
2-1 home win over Citeh

Leaves us in 8th but we need to beat Scousers next week and Fulham to lose to nab 7th spot.

Not impossible as we've already beater the Scousers twice this year, but I dont like our chances at Anfield.

Not a bad effort considering we were last after 3 or 4 rounds.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
1-3 loss to Liverpool at Anfield

finished 8th, which is pretty good after being last at one stage

if you listed to the rumours, we are currently linked to about 25 or 26 players so it looks like an active transfer window for Spurs

in reality we'll probably end up with about 5 or 6 in and about the same out

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
not sure about that, there are rumours of much better players being linked

the rumours on Downing have cooled down a bit

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
according to his team (Celtic), the deal has already been done

nothing from Spurs yet

dont know if its good or bad, never seen him play

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
dunno mate, never seen him play but we'll need one to replace the old Jenas who has been given permission to do what ever he likes, same with Huddlestone

Harry has performed miracles since he came to Spurs so I guess we just have to trust him for now

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
ruin ?

lol

he's been injured for most of his time at Spurs, and at the end of the season when he was fit he got loaned out to a championship team to get him some game time

not much more could have been done for him

hellteam

First Grade
Any more transfer rumours? I haven't heard much, whats the status with those Real players we were trying to buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.