What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Touch Footy Day on again!

Spitty

Juniors
I'd love to have a game and meet a few people, depends on my work. If I get the transfer I'm requesting I'll be right to play, but if I don't I'll be working that day.

It's too late to request the day off and I don't take unnecessary sickies.

Hmmmm

I don't know who you could merge with, tbh

Eels, Tigers and Dragons appear to have full squads. Panthers and Raiders have told me they will have full squads.

Manly and Souths might be your best bets. They've had a few bites, but haven't gotten teams together, though I am sure there are some individuals who would like to play.

There are threads for the touch day over at the Souths forum

http://www.rabbitohs.com/hutch/

as well as the Manly forums

http://www.manlyseaeagles.com.au/default.asp
http://www.silvertails.net/
http://www.leagueunlimited.com/

Good luck :)

CycloneSteve

Juniors
I may have some players that might be interested. They are all Sydney based and none of them are Knights fans, but they enjoy a good game of touch. I will see what I can do.
Erin, what is the number of males/females at this stage?

northey

First Grade
well atm we have 2 options

option 1 - we give it a miss this year

option 2 - we merge... think hard about that one

question that comes from option 2 - who do we want to merge with?

yeah ring-ins could be a good idea

If Astro plays, thats 5 guys and 2 girls, so you will need (out of the remaining 7 spots) at least 4 more handicaps. Does anyone in that list fit into kid u14, fat bloke or bloke over40? If so, they count as handicaps as well.

Sharks look like they are gathering momentum and might be fielding a team, so I don't know what would happen with you guys if you don't get your arses into gear :p

I could easily play 7 and have byes etc but I'd have to probably make a new draw. So get those family and friends in, but work hard for those handicaps (con your girlfriends, sisters, fathers, little brothers/nephews/cousins etc into coming along)

CycloneSteve

Juniors
Hollywood Jesus said:
yeah ring-ins could be a good idea

If Astro plays, thats 5 guys and 2 girls, so you will need (out of the remaining 7 spots) at least 4 more handicaps. Does anyone in that list fit into kid u14, fat bloke or bloke over40? If so, they count as handicaps as well.

Sharks look like they are gathering momentum and might be fielding a team, so I don't know what would happen with you guys if you don't get your arses into gear :p

I could easily play 7 and have byes etc but I'd have to probably make a new draw. So get those family and friends in, but work hard for those handicaps (con your girlfriends, sisters, fathers, little brothers/nephews/cousins etc into coming along)

I think its the handicaps rule that is going to prevent us fielding a team. I dont think we have all the categories covered. And just on that, exactly what consitutes a fat bloke? I mean I myself weigh 90kgs which puts me in the "obese" category in BMI (Body Mass Index) Does that count? What about fat chicks? Do they cover two categories? Also you might want to put the date of the event on your website.
Just on another thing...on the website you mention that neither you nor the Parra Club will hold any responsibility if we injure ourselves etc. I think you are tredding on dangerous ground by saying that. If someone does fall and breaks a leg, and its due to negligence on yours or the clubs part, then there is nothing you can say that would prevent you from being sued. Its part of life and just the way things are.

Nikki

Coach
Hmmm... Why is the Parra Club even mentinoned.. This has nothing to do with them. Must say I didnt even notice that myself.

CycloneSteve

Juniors
Nikki said:
Hmmm... Why is the Parra Club even mentinoned.. This has nothing to do with them. Must say I didnt even notice that myself.

Apparently the Richie Benaud Oval is owned by the Parramatta Club.

astrogirl

First Grade
I think I would only want to play if we could field a Knights forum team in its entirety... Lots less fun otherwise I think. (Not that I can confirm my attendance at this stage... sorry northey)

What does everyone else think?

1) Date has been placed on there. Thanks for the tip :)

2) Well, negligence is totally different. The Club wouldn't let me use the field if it was dangerous and I'm not gonna do anything stupid, but you're point is valid. But having said that, even if you sign a waiver it never covers negligence as far as I know. It covers known dangers under an "Informed Choice" kind of thing, and negligence is never (or should never) covered by this. (And yes, there will be a waiver)

3) There are no "double handicaps" ie large chicks. This is explained on the website (it is now anyways lol). If your BMI is high you'll probably get in under the Handicap rule.

4) I understand Astro (I'd never merge, personally) so get out there and start getting those ringings :)

The Devil

Bench
I reckon i could be classified as a fat bloke (aqua duck can vouch for that :fist: :lol:)

so only 3 more handicaps needed for us

Frederick

Staff member
Yeah, but if we merge with them that would greatly increase their chances of winning anything, and we don't want that :lol:

I'd love to be there, but a combination of work, uni, and travel won't let me :(

Latest posts