What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Touch judge ruins Nines

kit66

Bench
For those who haven't seen it lol

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/pe...s/news-story/14db298d31bd9db026e5c722efd80f54

bb9zdLb.jpg

Clearly tackled in the air, Penalty Try !

TheFrog

Coach
Just because no one has mentioned it ... Under the new rule where you can't tackle the attacking player in the air would it be considered a penalty or penalty try this year?
Surely this is only from a kick, not when launching for a try....surely.

Legion

Juniors
The standard of side-line officiating doesn't seem to have improved much from last year.
But by golly, isn't it wonderful to include the girls? She looks the part. Gets into a good position, crouching down, giving a really good impression of someone who knows what they're doing.
Maybe someone should give them a rule book to read before giving them a flag? Would that help?

The Panthers have a right to be filthy. Actually, all footy fans ought to be appalled of the pathetic standards of the side-line officiating.

Tommy Smith

Referee
The touchy ruined the 9s?

Au contraire.

That hilarious group referee f**k up at the end of the Dragons-Panthers clash was in fact the only exciting part of the whole tournament.

They did it for the fans. Thanks, guys.

betcats

Referee
As a Penrith fan I have to admit I was lowkey happy when they awarded that try, knocked us after a good game and we avoided any injuries. My main concern for the nines was getting through it without any major injuries.

That being said, its is pretty ridiculous that call was made, how f**king amateur are these merkins