What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Toughest Player In The NRL

nrlnrl

First Grade
Apologies if this has been raised before, but thought it worth a run.

After seeing Kieran Foran being hammered again last night, but continue to play on regardless, I was thinking he's one of the toughest players I've seen for a while. This season he's really stepped up with not only his skill level, but his ability to cope with regularly being hit hard ( as he runs to the line so often ). He also likes to take on much bigger players in defence & even though not always successful, it must lift his team-mates.

Who do you guys think is the toughest current player in the NRL ? To be fair, I think you must take size into consideration & based on that, I'd say Foran - I think he's about 180cm & 90kg.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Robbie Farah or Cameron Smith. IMO hookers are the toughest players, usually they're under 95Kg but defend in the guts of the forward pack with 110Kg monsters running at them for the full 80 minutes. Then they have to back it up with attacking skill.

hitman82

Bench
Taking Bravery, Mana, Tenacity, Charisma, Accountability and Presence into account, you'd have to go BDT.

Last edited:
Was it Luke Douglas who played that huge number of consecutive games? Extra points to Props for durability.

Beau Scott and Jeremy Smith are pretty tough, Scott has the edge here though as Smith misses a few games.

Hard not to be impressed with Foran. I think he may be the first Manly player I don't despise.

eagles4eva

First Grade
Big fan of Foran, but i would vote for Gallen, doing the tough stuff every game over a long period...

babyg

Juniors
I agreed with the Hooker comment. They have to be tough. Foran is under 90kg and can bench nearly 200kg.

boxa777

Coach
The toughest player in the NRL is Beau Scott.. Watch the ease he puts players to the ground. Closely followed by Jeremy Smith.

In the bizarro world, here are the rankings -

1. Steve Matai
2. Josh Dugan
3. Michael Jennings

Sidestep

Juniors
Week in week out, Paul Gallen. When a game can not be won he is still competing strongly with 2 hit up a set and wanting to bash opponents. Tough physically and mentally.