What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Toughest Player In The NRL

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
All players at this level have a fair does of toughness. Even more that some posters on here (BIG call). Gallen is the obvious call, but I think the little men are the toughest.

I use to vote for Brett Hodgson all the time in the polls. I'd go for a Foran, Cam Smith, Gallen trifecta.

Packy

Bench
Gallen.

For his size Foran wins for sure. He did it in his 1st game and hasn't stopped. Preston Campbell is another that should probably be dead and plays way above his weight.

hitman82

Bench
I agreed with the Hooker comment. They have to be tough. Foran is under 90kg and can bench nearly 200kg.
Foran benched 170kgs for 1 rep, which is pretty epic at his body weight (88kgs). Bench press isn't really a good test of true strength though, as it's massively influenced by your physical make up (ie short forearms, thick torso etc), plus it's not a very athletic lift in itself.
A "true" full body strength test is the deadlift, which Pettybourne and McKendry reportedly lead the NRL in with 210kgs x 4 and 190ks x 4 respectively. McKendry is the strongest all round power lifter in the NRL (at 105kgs bw), but apparently Jacob Lillyman (at 98kgs bw) is pretty close to him in all lifts.

Johns Magic

Referee
Robbie Farah or Cameron Smith. IMO hookers are the toughest players, usually they're under 95Kg but defend in the guts of the forward pack with 110Kg monsters running at them for the full 80 minutes. Then they have to back it up with attacking skill.

Haha, Farah is a bitch.

His defence is pathetic for a hooker who wants to play rep.

Patorick

Staff member
Are we factoring playing with an injury in this?

Or just getting smashed and bouncing back up all the time?

Gaba

First Grade
Anasta

He is used by other players as a punching bag in games, and he continues to bounce back every time

Big Pete

Referee
Petero Civoniceiva's head is basically a weapon of mass destruction.

Just ask Monty.

Most players are pretty tough these days, Foran and Johnson certainly come to mind. Even Presto managed to play half a game with a broken jaw.

Then again I still think Webcke is the toughest player there was (at least in the modern century). Wiki had his moments too.

Slackboy72

Coach
If I was ridiculously biased I'd put in a vote for Dean Young but in reality I have to Gallen. He's a c-bomb but he does put in more than anyone since Webcke retired.

Latest posts