What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tour de Frog

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Cadel Evans has a real chance of winning now, only 1.5 minutes behind Rassmussen and Evans is a superior time trialist and the time trials are yet to come.

I dont beleive an Aussie has ever won this event, this would be huge but I just wonder how much coverge he will get here in Australia.

Freak2

Juniors
Suprised to see not more on the Tour in this forum!!

I absolutely love TDF!! Cannot get enough of it.

"The Chicken" Rafmussan has now been "SACKED" by his own team after sercoming to immense pressure from the media and the sport for 4 missed tests, and for lying about his whereabouts for one of those scheduled tests.

Now Cadel moves into 2nd behind tour debutant Spaniard Alberto Contador.
Contador is odds on favorite to win the tour but as he is a debutant there is a unknown to his ability to finsish the job.

The race will be decided tomorrow night when the riders enter into the final individual time trial. If Cadel (who is a recognised good TT) perfroms well he is a massive chance to catch Contador who leads by approx 2 minutes over Cadel. The only other hope is American Levi Leipheimer who rides for Discovery (same team as Contador)

If I was a betting man (which I am) my money would be on Levi at $11's. He looks to be finishing the tour strong and is a noted TT.

He needs to make some big numbers in the Time Trail but I think he can. Cadel looks like a boxer in the 11 round that simply won't surrender and Contador has had a running battle with Rafmussan that will surely take it's toll for a TDF debutant once all alone on the road in the time trial, but Discovery are indicating he is the next Armstrong.

I guess the weekend will tell us all!!!

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Can't read this thread properly until I get home and catch what happen last night.

Go Cadel, he has been great.

Jimbo

Immortal
Twizzle said:
Cadel Evans has a real chance of winning now, only 1.5 minutes behind Rassmussen

He's got an even better chance now, although Contador is no slouch

A solid time trial in stage 19 should do it for Cadel though

Ozzy Ozzy Ozzy!!

Mr Saab

Referee
Tour de Farce has as much cred as Ivan Milat speaking out about gun control

It will be a shame for Evans if he wins as the general public wont give a toss as it is a drug riddled sport.

Nuffs

Bench
in the time trial last week, Cadel finished around a minute faster than Contadors time, and a minute and a bit faster than Lippheimer

i just don't think either of Cadel or Levi will be able to make up hte necessary ground

i've taken the $1.60 for Contador. he looks a great rider in the making

oh and PS, yes even if an Aussie was to win this race (EVER), it would never make massive headlines. too much of a risk that the rider would fail a dope test the next day

tye

Juniors
So Raffmussan has been kicked out!!!! WOW that is massive!! Unbeleivable!!! Great news, not only for Cadel But the cred of cycling. Last year I had the opportunity to follow the Tour around and it is an amazing event, an event like no other, just hope Cadel has the legs to carry him home.

Engine

Juniors
No sport over the last two years has taken a bigger beating than cycling. However, cycling has deserved all these knock and I suspect people have been cheating LONG before last years tour.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
So I have caught up.

Go Cadel.

Contador........If Cadel does not win I hope this bloke does.

Has a white jersey ever won?

Dramas....................

ive been watching on sbs for the last few weeks...absolutely loved it....love the mountain stages cause so much happens.

as so far for cadel winning...i dont think he can make up the time difference...contador has won a time trial is other races and 2mins is a big margin to make up.

but all in all cadel has rode incredibly well this tour...if he works on his acceleration on mountain stages he will no doubt be a big fo to contador next year.

Latest posts