What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Toyota cup will be broadcast on Foxtel

roopy

Referee
An article on page 2 of this paper;
http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/news/itc/itc-200703.pdf
clearly states that games will be broadcast by foxtel.

While this is fantastic in itself - it brings up questions of sponsership of teams.

The Knights juniors are sponsered by Pepsi - so with TV coverage it could be that all under 20's sides could pick up good sponsership money and the comp could pay for itself.
That would be fantastic.

roopy

Referee
parra-matters said:
It would be great if it could be live before the NRL where possiable.
when you think about it - the outside broadcast van and all the tech guys are all already there and just scratching their nuts during the prelim game - so costs are maybe an extra hour and a half pay for a dozen 'roadies' and pay for a few commentators - cost of an hour and a half of TV = 2k or less. You can't get re runs of Gilligans Island for that.

Gibbo

Juniors
This is awesome news, was hopin the games would be on foxtel or even ABC2. Know for a fact that as a new club the Titans have been planning for success in the u20's comp since their inception with the 'teen titans', and see it as a great way to quikly build a name for the club.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
I think they announced a few months ago that two games will be shown per round or something. Obviously it's great news and it's good to see that it's being taken seriously from the outset.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
i dont see why all games cant atleast be recorded, i mean maybe there wont be enough time to show all games, but they could still show then at later times, e.g.;

Friday
NRL - Ch 9 - 7:30 live and 9:30 delayed
U20 - Fox - 5:30-9:30 active viewer's choice

Saturday

NRL - Fox - 5:30 live and active, 7:30 - 11:30 active viewers choice
U20 - Fox - 3:30 live & show the other 2 games from 11:30 (or maybe allow ABC2 to broadcast these)

Sunday

NRL - Fox - 2pm live and 6pm delayed
" " - Ch 9 - 4pm delayed

U20 - Fox - 12pm live and show the other 2 later in the night, after the replays of the NRL fixtures

Monday

NRL - Fox - 7:30 live
U20 - Fox - 4:30 live*

perhaps start mon night fixtures an hour early so the Monday Pregame show can be sandwiched inbetween.

tbh, id flunk out of school coz id be glued to the box

greenhat

Juniors
Hopefully the 2 games they broadcast on fox will be live - before the 5.30 saturday NRL game and before the fox sunday arvo game.
If regular fans get to see the team on TV occasionally while waiting for the NRL game it will make all the difference.
replays during the week will be give it no profile

innsaneink

Referee
greenhat said:
Hopefully the 2 games they broadcast on fox will be live - before the 5.30 saturday NRL game and before the fox sunday arvo game.
If regular fans get to see the team on TV occasionally while waiting for the NRL game it will make all the difference.
replays during the week will be give it no profile

The article states "Foxtel will broadcast the games prior to showing first grade matches"

Im guessing the saturday 5.30 NRL game, and I suppose the early sunday game will be the most viable for them to broadcast.

chileman

Coach
I wish they'd put some of this on free to air channels , ABC would do just nicely for all the country folk who can't get cableTV!

innsaneink

Referee
Mr. Fahrenheit said:

Im guessing he means some of the participants may be in school....look at tonites scenario, Souths 18yo's up in Townsville on a Mon (school)nite....though i remember getting early passes in yrs 7 , 8 and 9 to get to sport

innsaneink said:
Im guessing he means some of the participants may be in school....look at tonites scenario, Souths 18yo's up in Townsville on a Mon (school)nite....though i remember getting early passes in yrs 7 , 8 and 9 to get to sport

Today is a pupil free day though :D

I wouldn't mind seeing a highlights show where they show the highlights from each game over the weekend on a 1 hour show, like they do with the Premier League (Soccer)

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
innsaneink said:

this has nothing to do with the coverage? as it stands if there is MNF, there will be a 5:30 Toyota cup fixture anyway...