What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trades & Signings Thread

nick87

Coach
That's horseshit though RKO, classic Pats character assassination, if he was going rogue as much as it's claimed, BB wouldnt have him out on the paddock, period.

They didnt want to pay him, so they traded him. Good, we'll see how that move works out. Trading an elite LB in a SB year for a 3rd round pick, when you could just keep him, let him walk in FA and get your 3rd rounder when he gets paid, there is no need to talk shit about the guy on his way out the door

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Watch the bills game start to end, every defence snap JC 91 was on the field and you can see he has lost interest, there is a reason why his snaps have gone down, watch his effort in the Cards, Jets, Texans games... Then watch him after he was told no, he wants elite money, was told no and has most likely thrown his best chance of another ring away.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Watch the bills game start to end, every defence snap JC 91 was on the field and you can see he has lost interest, there is a reason why his snaps have gone down, watch his effort in the Cards, Jets, Texans games... Then watch him after he was told no, he wants elite money, was told no and has most likely thrown his best chance of another ring away.

But he will probably get paid, and has already earnt a ring. So really it's a win win situation for him. And yeah it's the Browns, but with all draft picks they have, if they can assemble that core group of players on both sides of the ball, it will only be one draft (and a QB) to become competitive/contender. And it will be a cheap franchise to run due to all the drafted players at the club, so guys like that will be able to be brought in to improve certain areas/teach guys how to prepare.

nick87

Coach
This has to be one of two things:

a) He's been assured the pats job within the next 12 months (and i think its probably likely if thats the case, BB will be back for ONE more run)

b) Andrew Luck's injury is far worse than we know and concerns about his future are VERY real.

Either way, he agreed weeks ago, assistants have been hired on his agreement, as early as this morning he was ringing other contacts and offering them jobs. This is insanely unprofessional on McDaniels part and frankly if i were an owner, i dont think i'd even consider bringing him in for an interview in the future.

Tom155

Coach
Josh McDaniels is a complete f**kwit shocker :rolleyes:, Screwed the Colts, their fans & assistants who passed up other jobs to be part of his staff & are now out of work.

After the Broncos debacle & now this you have to think it's very doubtful he gets a HC job outside New England in the future.

Last edited:

nick87

Coach
Josh McDaniels is a complete f**kwit shocker :rolleyes:, Screwed the Colts, their fans & assistants who passed up other jobs to be part of your staff & are now out of work.

After the Broncos debacle & now this have to think it's very doubtful he gets a HC job outside New England in the future.

Kind of worse, the Assistants contracted are staying, probably because the Colts feel obligated to keep them for the very reason you highlighted, they'd be out of a job if not (and them out a decent chunk of money)

but now the new HC is going to have to inherit half his staff.
This is straight up trash behaviour from McDaniels. I hope every owner strikes his name in the future.

DC_fan

Coach
McDaniels has forever tarnished him image. Why will anyone ever again believe him. Oh well, its his problem and he is going to have to live with it. Only could happen to the Patriots. Just gives the NFL world another reason to hate that team.

Shorty

Staff member
How distasteful.
McDaniels is definitely a douche but this is why I hate the Patriots, they are always playing dirty like this.
Were they waiting on the superbowl? Tom Brady is 40 and we know BB is unlikely to stick around after Brady is gone, so this would be in the works somewhere.
But apparently the most appropriate time is days before Colts announce, when other types of coaches have been organised.

Hope the Colts whoop the Pats next year.