What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Training Session Run-down

Eelementary

Post Whore
Nikki said:
Benny..

Picture049.jpg

Holy Mother of God! :shock:

Eelementary

Post Whore
Nikki said:
Finchy also had the crowd giggling when during one of the drills where he had to run with the ball and the boys chased him, and, instead of running the length of the field, ran towards Gers equipment van, ran in the back door and out the side door with the boys still chasing him all the while. Wish I had got a shot of that.[/quote]

:lol:

Sounds like he's a hit amongst his peers. Which is fantastic!

Ben Smith is certainly a big bugger but what worries me is his leg drive and speed. For me he gets tackled very easily.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
geeez, Benny looks like a Terminator

Love Fui's hair, looks like he's wearing a dead skunk on his head

glad to hear Inu has bulked up, he needed to if he is gonna step up from PL

Eelementary

Post Whore
It's actually weird looking at Ben...Top half, he's an absolute beast...But then you see his legs and see he has twigs...:?

And I'll bet that's a real skunk on Fuifui's head - it's a new regime he has to show everyone how tough he is. Wouldn't want to get in his way come round 1, that's for sure! :D

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny Benny :D :D :D :D :D

Prodigal Eel

Juniors
It's actually weird looking at Ben...Top half, he's an absolute beast...But then you see his legs and see he has twigs...

Well thats to do with generating speed...if you have a look at the current top track stars, you will see the 100m runners all have big upper bodies, medium-light thighs and small calfs.....the upper body is used for a greater thrust at the start of the run, while the light legs provide maximum leg rotation from one front landing to another.....if they had huge legs this would mean less rotation thus slower speed....IMO ben if he wants to stay in the centers has the perfect body for it atm....but if he, as we all think will eventually move to the fowards, he will have to work on bulking up those legs.

The Colonel

Immortal
Nikki said:
Piggy forgot what game we played. Which promted a humourous response from Finchy who called him.. Oh same Sri Lankin players name I think it was..

Inzaman Ul Haq

The Colonel

Immortal
Nikki said:
Finchy also had the crowd giggling when during one of the drills where he had to run with the ball and the boys chased him, and, instead of running the length of the field, ran towards Gers equipment van, ran in the back door and out the side door with the boys still chasing him all the while. Wish I had got a shot of that.

That was quite funny. DK thought he was going to be knocked over...... Very very funny.

cardinal

Juniors
Prodigal Eel said:
Well thats to do with generating speed...if you have a look at the current top track stars, you will see the 100m runners all have big upper bodies, medium-light thighs and small calfs.....the upper body is used for a greater thrust at the start of the run, while the light legs provide maximum leg rotation from one front landing to another.....if they had huge legs this would mean less rotation thus slower speed....IMO ben if he wants to stay in the centers has the perfect body for it atm....but if he, as we all think will eventually move to the fowards, he will have to work on bulking up those legs.

I don't think it is the shape of the legs that dictate speed some of those american sprinters like Maurice Green and even Matt Shirvington have huge thighs and calves, it comes down to fast twitch muscle fibres and who can pick their legs up the quickest while having the shortest amount of ground contact. Ben does'nt have that natural speed and never will but that does not mean he wont be a top class centre. Meninga and Mick Cronin are good examples of that.

Pazza

First Grade
if tsoulos has a injury free season i think he will be a real tyrant come finals time.

Cordoba looks much more like a back rower

ian is looking like a tackling machine, looking forward to seeing him play.

MrT

Juniors
Prodigal Eel said:

Prodigal Eel...Ben Smith is what we would call a MRCINA!!!!!!

Thanks for the Pics Nikki, living so far away I don't get to go to open sessions etc.
So thanks for posting pictures.

Latest posts